We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture.
At Standard Chartered Ban, we encourage and focus on the behaviors that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Domestic Payments Manager Vacancy at Standard Chartered Bank.
Job Position: Domestic Payments Manager
Job ID: 486334
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Function: Technology & Operations
Full/Part Time: Full time
Nigeria Transfers Inward and Outward:
- Establishes the strategic direction of Domestic Operations Unit, which reflects the business goals of the Bank.
- Handles and makes decisions regarding daily operational activities relating to Domestic Payments ensuring compliance with operational procedures and regulatory controls.
- Authorize Straight to Bank electronic transactions and ensure all activities on the desk are closely monitored.
- Ensures timely authorizations and processing of all customers’ (internal and external) instructions relating to Domestic Payments.
- Embeds risk culture in daily activities performed by team members to prevent operational risk events or operational losses
- Participates in developing automation programmes within Cash Management Operations to improve workflow and reduce costs
- Ensures high team engagement and trainings towards achieving quality output and high productivity.
- Responsible for risk analysis of complaints to determine possible process
- Participates in Service Storming Sessions with relevant units to ensure all grey areas that may lead to customer attrition are highlighted and action points for resolution put in place.
- Participates in Service Level Agreement Review meetings to highlight any deviations and breaches and discuss ways of improving service standards.
- Prepares Business Requirement Definition for new projects relating to Domestic Payments, follow-up with the project team and participation in the User Acceptance Testing and User Verification Testing for the development and implementation of the projects
- Reviews internal systems to identify all loose rivets for closure and seek ways of improving processes to ensure smooth workflows are achieved
Weakness or control breakdown.
- Handles and makes decisions regarding daily operational activities relating to Salaries and EFT processing to ensure compliance with operational procedures and regulatory controls.
- Ensure timely authorization of naira transfers on the CBN CIFTS (RTGS), NIBSS Instant Pay (NIP), NEFT, Mobile Money, Straight through System (STS) and REMITA systems ensuring compliance with the CIFTS rules and ACH regulations.
- Coordinates the efficient processing of special ad hoc project payments for WHO, UNDP etc
- Undertake all Key Control Reviews as assigned.
- Daily review of Suspense accounts to ensure deposition of suspended items relating to domestic payment.
- Ensure daily review of Nostro Accounts (CBN, ACCESS and Keystone Banks) and that outstanding entries are treated promptly.
- Establish performance goals and complete regular written reviews of EFT Officers and the Payment Assistants.
- Ensure daily review of correspondent banks accounts with Access bank and Keystone Bank, checking that these accounts are adequately funded to cover all anticipated transactions.
Local Correspondent Banks:
- Ensure daily review of our accounts with ACCESS and Keystone Banks, checking that these accounts are adequately funded to cover all anticipated transactions
- Maintaining very good relationship with our contact officials in these banks to ensure prompt handling of our transactions.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the cash disbursement process relating to WHO, UN etc projects undertaken by CMO via partner banks
- Manage, from an operations point of view, the bank’s relationship with local correspondent banks.
- To co-ordinate branch activities with respect to Salaries and EFT processing.
- Ensure provision of adequate MIS on Domestic payment transactions.
- Provides input to the development and enhancement of payment products especially as it relates to systems and procedures
- Coordinates Domestic Payments related Projects.
- Ensure customers complaints are investigated and responded to promptly.
- Reviews internal systems to seek ways of improving processes to ensure smooth workflows are achieved.
- Minimum of a 2nd Class Degree in a relevant course.
- Strong Sales and relationship management skills
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click here to apply online