The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Dissemination Field Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Assists the Head of Sub Delegation in running dissemination, communications and networking activities in the field for emergency interventions
- Contributes to the implementation and running of specific projects / programmes
- Identifies, establishes and maintains contacts with key civil society actors, local Red Cross Branches concerning their particular programmes
- Identifies communications needs and work with other departments in information dissemination
- Takes charge of all dissemination materials in the SD including stocking and restocking
- Takes record of happenings within the states of operation and makes weekly presentation of General Situation of events of ICRC’s interests
- Carries out Civil Society Dissemination to CSOs/CDOs in areas of ICRC’s operations
- Carries out regular media monitoring in English and local language and contributes to the ICRC analysis of the local media landscape
- Produces written reports on the activities
- Collects information on the situation in the field and reports to the delegate
- University degree in communication or any relevant fields
- Good computer literate and efficient internet user
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Is familiar and comfortable to work with social media
- 2 years work experience in a similar field
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Capacity of treating information confidentially
- Ability to adapt behaviour to the various interlocutors
- Capacity to analyse the political and social environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact details of three referees to:[email protected]
- Late application will not be considered.
- Please clearly indicate “Dissemination Field Officer” as the subject of your application.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 9th October, 2015, 16:30 h.