The University of Ibadan is the oldest and most prestigious Nigerian University. A research intensive postgraduate University, it has attained a position of eminence in various disciplines and remains a major player in the development of the much needed human capital in Africa.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Job Title: Director of Works
- Responsible for coordination and control of the activities of the Works & Maintenance Department and providing professional and community services.
- Carrying out other duties as may be assigned by the Vice chancellor.
- Responsible for the maintenance and care of the University Estate, rehabilitation of existing facilities including roads, water, electricity, vehicles, equipment and furniture in academic, administration and residential areas, ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Candidates must possess a good first Degree in any of the following relevant fields (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Building or Quantity Surveying) plus relevant Master’s Degree.
- Candidates must have Nineteen (19) years working experience in relevant fields and must be professionally registered.
Salary and Condition of Service
- The salary attached to the position is CONTISS 15: (N 2, 242,999.00 – N 2, 886, 591.00).
- Fringe benefits are as applicable to similar positions in the University of Ibadan, and as may be determined by the Government/Governing Council.
The appointment shall be for an initial period of Four (4) years and may be renewed subject to satisfactory performance for a further period of Four (4) years and no more.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications and twenty (20) copies of Curriculum Vitae stating the following:
- Full names (surname first)
- Date of Birth (not age)
- Marital Status
- State of Origin
- Postal/Email Addresses
- Full Qualifications with Dates,
- Work experience and
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees.
- They should also forward a two-page statement of their vision and mission along with Two (2) Photostat copies of their Certificate to:
University of Ibadan,
Applicant are requested to inform their Referees to send Confidential Report on them, using letter-headed papers, direct to the Registrar and Secretary to Council University of Ibadan, from whom further details may be obtained.
Note: Only applications of shortlisted candidate will be acknowledged
Application Deadline 9th November, 2015.