Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health by helping public and private organizations throughout the world to effectively manage people, medicines, money, and information. Working from more than 30 country offices and our Arlington, Virginia and Medford, Massachusetts US headquarters, our staff from 65 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation Vacancy at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Job Position: Director of Monitoring and Evaluation
Job ID: 13-8410
Dept/Unit: GEN (General)
Reports To: Chief of Party
- Provide in-country technical leadership and support for monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management.
These tasks include, among others:
- Ensure the integration of M&E activities into all project components.
- Collect, report and analyze information on project activities.
- Ensure timely and complete reporting from in-country executing partners in accordance with approved reporting formats.
- Monitor and evaluate progress towards annual work plans, expected outputs, including selecting and monitoring progress in meeting indicators.
- Assist the Chief of Party in the preparation of work plans/selection of indicators and annual implementation plans with a view towards the project’s M&E requirements.
- Coordinate the preparation of all quarterly progress reports, annual project report, inception report, ad-hoc technical reports, and success stories for USAID funding in line with the required formats.
- Collect data for annual M&E plan and use those data to improve project performance.
- Adapt and implement tools and techniques to improve the quality and use of data for decision making.
- Compile information on lessons learned and expertise within and outside the project.
- Provide capacity building activities on M+E to selected stakeholders and sub-contractors participating in project activities (government, CBOs, NGOs). Required capacity building includes reporting and management use of periodically collected health information, Data Quality Assurance, DHIS2 and LQAS.
- Develop a detailed annual work plan to build technical and managerial capacity of project:
- Based on the capacity building work plan mentioned above conduct monthly seminars, hands-on training, mentoring and coaching for project staff.
- Design and implement operations research.
- Masters degree in Management, M&E, Health Sciences or Public Health or equivalent experience.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in monitoring and evaluation of donor-funded public health programs Some of this experience must include health programs in Nigeria and the US Government as the project’s donor.
- Knowledge of and experience in training and capacity building on M+E.
- Experience establishing data quality assurance systems. Demonstrated experience with software applications related to project planning and monitoring.
- Successful experience leading M+E activities within a team comprising staff and consultant coming from diverse organizations.
- Recommended – Prior experience conducting operations research.
- Qualified candidates currently residing in Nigeria are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
19th of July, 2015.