Lagos Business School is a leading institution in Africa dedicated to creating and transmitting business and management knowledge relevant to emerging markets.
Located in Africa’s second largest city, Lagos, we deliver executive education at top and middle management levels, aiming to systematically improve the practice of management in the continent. Recognising that executive education is contextual, we pay attention to the needs of the business community we serve, ensuring our programmes are up-to-date and relevant. Our system of teaching with case studies also ensures that participants gain management knowledge and skills they can immediately apply to their work situations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Custom Progammes
Department: Custom Executive Education
Position Type: Regular/Permanent/Full Time
Business Unit: Pan-Atlantic University/Lagos Business School
Reports To: Dean
Directly Supervises: Client Relationship Directors, Client Relationship Managers, Client Programme Managers and Administrative Assistant
Purpose of Position
- To influence high-impact and blended learning experiences that is tailored to the needs of companies of all sizes.
- Drive the growth of custom programmes as it continues to expand globally and develop the strategy, ensuring value for clients, classroom full of vibrant participants and added value in terms of increased revenue target to the institution.
Essential Duties/Key Job Roles and Responsibilities (include but not limited to the following):
- Ensure first-class programmes are developed that meet the strategic educational goals of client organizations and create increased opportunities for faculty development
- Develop and implement programmes for leaders who can make a difference within their organization
- Build effective relationships with faculty to provide guidance and lead the development of strategy for how best to serve existing and future clients through blended-learning programmes
- Establish an active pipeline of new/existing clients by creating and cultivating relationships with critical balance of leading corporations across diverse geographies and industries.
- Provide general administrative oversight of the custom programme department.
- Develop and implement programmes to grow product sales. Set up strategic marketing plans for the product portfolio through comprehensive market research, competitive analysis, pricing, customer engagement, etc.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends in corporate executive education through participation and leadership in external organizations.
- Supervise and develop the development of staff who manage the portfolio of clients
- Responsible for the operational/financial success of customized learning experiences
- Lead business development efforts through creation and implementation of a model which identifies, qualifies and cultivates new clients which meets their educational goals while advancing faculty research and development
- Work with custom team to deploy resources in a manner that supports the strategic growth and highest quality delivery of custom programs
- Manage portfolio of client relationships, serving as the key liaison to all parties related to a successful custom programme from initial contact and programme design through programme delivery and evaluation
- Plays the key organizing role in the development of the mission, strategy and business plan for custom programme and supports its implementation, consistent with the overarching goal of delivering on the School mission and brand
- Develop/manage the budget for the department ensuring that resources are optimized
- Any other specific or adhoc duty to be assigned by line manager from time to time
Key Performance Indicator
- Achieving agreed target revenue
- Achieving agreed target number of participants for different seminars/conferences
- Number of new products and channels developed
- Achievement of agreed participant ratings per programme
- Feedback from customers- both internal and external
- Good first Degree from a reputable institution.
- A Master’s Degree would be an added advantage.
- Planning and organizational skills
- Self motivation, confidence and sound judgment skills
- Good interpersonal skills and keen diplomatic skills
- Experience with electronic and social media marketing
- Customers services skills and Networking skills
- Expert knowledge of MS office
- Knowledge of product and channel development
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Influencing and presentation skills
- At least 10+ years in directly related experience.
- The role requires a keen market orientation with customer facing leadership position experience and a proven track record of successful business development.
- A deep knowledge and understanding of executive development, management learning, programme design, delivery and evaluation, experience gained in Sales, Accounts Management and Business development, Consulting or project management will be an advantage.
- Some travel experience, both domestic and international is required.
- Experience in strategic planning, evaluation of custom programmes, outcome assessment and issues surrounding the development of custom programme is expected as well as knowledge of hybrid learning models and the application of new technologies desired.
- A record of successful administrative leadership, including strategic fiscal management is also desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: [email protected]
Note: Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. LBS offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants.