Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel.
At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate about their lives as they are about their work.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Developer Relations Ecosystem Program Manager, Sub-Saharan Africa
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Google’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus.
- As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects.
- You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle.
- This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it’s your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project’s progress and deadlines.
- As a Program Manager, you will coordinate, manage scalable developer outreach and support programs, including the Google Developer Groups program, across the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
- The Program Manager role is not tied to a particular product assignment, but rather is regionally-focused in an attempt to drive interest in a broad range of products that are strategic to Google’s success in various global regions. You have a strong technical background, as well as a history as an active participant/lead in developer or startup communities, and exceptional project/program management skills.
- You ideally have a community management background with a deep understanding of ecosystem interactions between and among various developer communities.
- You will find creative ways to increase impact by working closely with technology hubs, Google Developer Experts (GDE), Google Developer Groups, Google Developers Launchpad and other related developer initiatives in the region.
- This could include responsibility for Google events, as well as having responsibility for content. Additionally, you will manage local regional (West and Central Africa) relationships with regional developers and start-up communities, including technology hubs, incubators and accelerators.
- You will meet with local region developers and companies, promoting Google technologies and programs to them. You will also track both the top apps and top developers from your assigned region and look at how Google can better spotlight both them and their apps.
- You will act as the “regional expert” for West and Central Africa within the Developer Relations team, in addition to managing the Google Developer Groups (GDG) program across Sub-Saharan Africa and other programs as needed.
- Ensure that developers, startups and partners in the local region are successful through building applications and businesses on Google’s platforms.
- Identify and engage key top developers in the region to become Google Developer Experts and connect local GDEs with internal and other external experts/communities.
- Ensure that the GDG program is active and sustainable across Sub-Saharan Africa. Track performance of GDG chapters and manage growth of the GDG program.
- Map and understand the local region’s developer and startup ecosystem.
- Coordinate and execute both online and offline outreach in the local region. This could include responsibility for community-driven events like Google Developer Groups events, as well as having responsibility for local content, regional blogs and social networking channels.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as an active participant in technical/developer/startup communities.
- Excellent coordination, communication and project management skills.
- Fluency in English, French and/or Portuguese.
- Experience with conference presentation or other public speaking.
- Good understanding of Google’s developer product offering.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online