For over 40 years, DESICON Engineering Limited has been an indigenous industry leader providing innovative Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) solutions to our clients.
Knowledge, technical innovation and teamwork are at the centre of who we are. We are focused on leveraging these assets to deliver Instrumentation Maintenance and Construction, Procurement and Consultancy solutions to the Nigerian Energy sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Planner
- Responsible for planning and scheduling and for creating the base line for the project assigned for timely quality delivery.
- Responsible for recommending immediate solutions to potential problems for efficient execution and resolution.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Cost Control Engineer for preparation of the project status report.
- Handle any other related job functions as directed by the Project Control Manager from time to time aimed at ensuring that project activities and related site matters functions in line with best practice.
- Responsible for ensuring that construction projects are completed within set deadlines, on budget, and in line with all the relevant safety standards and regulations.
- Responsible for the preparation of the trend analysis with regards to the status of the project.
- Directly responsible for raising and giving notifications in advance when from the analysis conducted and from observation it shows that the scheduled delivery time will not be met as envisaged.
- Coordinate activities in a structured manner in order to achieve a successful planning outcome.
- Responsible for appraising construction, analyzing logistics and managing time.
- Not Less than 5years experience as a Planning Engineer in an EPC company
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (or related discipline) accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail.
- An understanding of project management terminology and practices
- High level of data manipulation and reporting knowledge
- Excellent inter-personal and communications skill
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- PMP certification
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to reach results
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 5th November, 2015