Linking the Youth of Nigeria through Exchange (LYNX-NIGERIA) is a national non-governmental youth development organization founded in 2004. The mission of LYNX-Nigeria is to develop socially responsible citizenship among Nigerian children and youth through civic and human rights education, financial education and economic empowerment and community service learning. Using participatory child and youth centered approaches, our programmes build the skills of critical analysis, constructive criticism and collective action towards building a generation of young people that are committed to social change at community, state and national levels.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Deputy Director
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the organization, which include financial and budget activities and other operational or programmatic activities.
- Provide support to the Executive Director
- Represents the organization to the public, key stakeholders and business partners;
- Lead, as requested by the Executive Director, fundraising and donor management, business development and partnership activities;
- Provide management for program activities including outreach, volunteer coordination and partnerships development, as well as marketing, media relations, public relations and issues management activities;
- Responsible for the execution of the organization’s strategy, goals and objectives;
- Initiate and lead advocacy and policy initiatives for the organization
- Provides leadership and direction for staff, setting an effective agenda and ensuring performance goals are met and set;
- Supervise and ensure proper management of programmes
- Full delegated authority to act on behalf of the Executive Director in her absence;
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
The Deputy Director will be engaged in a three year contract with LYNX-NIGERIA. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’ degree in Social Science or related discipline. A higher degree is preferred.
- NYSC discharge certificate or equivalent
- 5 years experience in administration and management related field.
- Previous involvement in youth development work
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies and technical competent in database and other operating systems software programs.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Passion for Nigeria’s development
- Ability to travel within the Nigeria and internationally (up to 40%)
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Strong public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills who can prepare concise reports; make presentations and testify at hearings
Salaries & Benefits
- Salaries are moderate for the social sector and commensurate with experience.
- Opportunities for international travel, training and development are added benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply