KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is the principal international non-profit organization exclusively dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide and to strengthening health systems against TB, globally and locally.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in national and international contexts. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals; this includes doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists.
We operate from the central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, regional offices and additional country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Deputy Director Operations (Single Posting, Nigeria)
Job ID: #1203726
Challenge TB Nigeria
- The KNCV office in Abuja is responsible for the overall implementation of the USAID funded Challenge TB program. KNCV is the lead partner and coordinates and works closely with the other coalition partners involved in Nigeria, with the National TBL program (NTP) of the Nigerian government, with the USAID Mission and other stakeholders.
- The project focuses at sub national level on ensuring functionality of existing TB services (AFB & Xpert laboratories, DOTS centers and TB/HIV); strategic expansion of quality laboratory including Xpert and DOTS centers with emphasis on private sector involvement; strengthening community management of DR TB patients; TB diagnosis among vulnerable groups (children and PLHIV); significant investment in demand creation for TB services and community advocacy; and provision of technical assistance to the NTP at all levels for quality implementation of the TB program.
- The Country Project Director (CPD) for Challenge TB in Nigeria is responsible for the overall management and coordination of all activities carried out by Challenge TB, including those by KNCV Nigeria. He has delegated the supervision and day-to-day coordination of operations of Challenge TB to the Deputy Director Operations (DDO).
As Deputy Director Operations you are responsible for the operational management of field activities and oversee the Challenge TB project with partners and other relevant stakeholders. In particular you will:
- Oversee the operational management of the KNCV field programme for Challenge TB in Nigeria;
- Provide support to regional offices and project staff to ensure quality and timely implementation of the Challenge TB project;
- Participate in development of the Challenge TB work plans and budgets in consultation with partners, USAID and NTP;
- Monitor the progress of managing the funds of Challenge TB;
- Monitor project spending and pipeline analysis and update the partners, USAID and Challenge TB Director on a quarterly basis;
- Assist in managerial and organizational activities that are directly or indirectly related to the implementation of Challenge TB.
- Organize quarterly meetings with all project staff, USAID and NTP to review the implementation process, results and obstacles and re-strategize the implementation of the project;
- Support the M&E unit for timely submission of quarterly reports of CTB activities;
- Participate in Zonal, State and National level TB review meetings, to provide assistance in performance assessment and development of immediate remedial actions;
- Academic level of working and thinking (preferably Master Degree in Public Health or Project Management or equivalent);
- At least 10 years of experience in project- and operational management;
- At least 5 years working experience in TB and or TB/HIV project implementation;
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English;
- Working experience in the Public Health sector is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience working with donors (USAID/GF/EU) is an advantage;
- At least 5 years working experience in Africa, preferably in Nigeria;
- Planning and Organizing;
- You will make frequent duty travels within Nigeria, and sometimes abroad.
- Please note that in view of the security situation in Abuja, this is a single posting, not a family posting.
- Helicopter view with ability to zoom in;
- Result Oriented;
- Problem Solving;
- Culturally sensitive;
Working Conditions and Environment
- A fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- Pension Scheme with Pension Fund ‘Zorg en Welzijn’ (depending on the contract);
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
- Full-time employment consists of 40 hours per week.
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent on education and relevant working experience;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their curriculum vitae, motivation letter and three professional references for the attention of: Ms. Larissa Lutmers, under subject “180301 Deputy Director Operations – Nigeria” to:
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation,
PO Box 146,
2501 CC The Hague,
E-mail: [email protected]
Application Deadline 26th October, 2015.