At Denco Energy Services, we fuel the future. We came into the industry over 20 years ago and, through both strategic acquisitions – starting with Nuovo Pignone in 1994 – and continuous growth, have positioned ourselves as one of the world’s leading equipment and services’ providers in the oil and gas space.
With unique capabilities across the entire value chain – from oil and gas drilling equipment and subsea systems, to turbomachinery solutions and downstream processing – we are neither upstream nor downstream; we are fullstream.
Job Title: Shipping Officer
• Your daily tasks will include responding to customers or shippers questions or in some cases complaints.
• You will also liaise with accounts for the preparation of invoices ensuring shipping costs are calculated accurately and passed onto customer. The Shipping Coordinator is also required to review sales and prepare reports for senior manager comparing actual sales against targets set.
• The Shipping Coordinator’s job is to negotiate rates with suppliers such as carriers, warehouse operators and insurance companies and prepare tariffs for customers, ensuring the require profit margins as directed by the company are achieved.
• Providing routing information and issuing shipping instructions to ensure deliveries arrive on time and to their correct location. You will also be responsible for tracking of goods enroute to their destination ensuring any problems that may arise are resolved so as to avoid delays.
• Will also be responsible for the preparation of quotes for customers, which will involve examining products or materials to estimate quantities or weight and type of container required for storage or transport.
Qualifications and Qualities:
• Applicant should have a degree in shipping related course or have at least two years experience of working in a customer focused role within the shipping industry.
• Good excellent communication skills both written and verbal and will be able to present information in a clear and concise manner.
• Strong negotiations skills are also needed and the ability to influence others.
• You will be required to work with industry standard computer packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
• An applicant to take this Shipping Coordinator must be someone who has strong organisational skills and enjoys client contact.
• The role of a Shipping Co-ordinator requires someone who pays attention to detail, has an understanding of the basic accounting processes involving quotes and invoicing. Previous experience within other areas of Shipping would be an advantage, but being able to demonstrate good communication skills, being able to work within a team and an understanding of commercial enterprise may be sufficient.
• It is essential to have a sound understanding of commercial enterprise and be familiar with basic accounting.
• You must have good reasoning skills and be able to analyse data and prepare reports reflecting findings and advise on strategic direction in relation to your role.
• As a Shipping Coordinator’s job is customer facing, excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org