Social Impact is pursuing the upcoming MacArthur Foundation funded Evaluation of the Big Bet in Nigeria. The program aims to support Nigerian-led efforts to promote accountability, transparency, and to reduce corruption. The initial phase of the program will last approximately three years.
Job Title: Data Visualization and Graphic Designer
Social Impact is seeking a short-term Data Visualization and Graphic Designer to provide leadership to the MacArthur Foundation funded Evaluation of the Big Bet in Nigeria. The data visualization specialist is expected to have a strong knowledge of visualization best practices, latest trends in visualization techniques and software, and data analysis.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Nigerian citizenship will be considered
- Create regular reports through reporting software to manage dashboards and metrics.
- Create, polish and re-purpose slideshow presentations.
- Produces new insights from existing data and develop visual presentations.
- Interacts with peers and clients to synthesize requests for visualizations, analyses and ad-hoc reporting.
- Communicates results to management in a clear and concise manner.
- Develop and continuously improve measurement approaches, processes, tools and techniques.
- Designs visual presentations from existing analyses to be disseminated to client groups.
- Proven experience in graphic design and data visualization.
- Prior experience in a data-driven environment.
- Must possess knowledge and experience of Microsoft Suite.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Tableau and/or other visualization tools.
- Experience working in Nigeria or Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- English fluency required.
- Relevant knowledge and/or experience in monitoring and evaluation principles and processes.
- Experience in manipulating data and data structures
- Must be able to interpret and transform analytical documents into polished visualizations that are easily understandable by clients.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.