MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business.
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Data Centre Service Coordinator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting Line: Data Centre Operations Manager (DCOM)
- The Data Centre Service Coordinator will be responsible for the maintenance of the Data Centre White Space area and manages customer service delivery in the Data Centre.
- DCSC specializes in the execution of tactical plans for the data centre services to ensure continuity of operations for the organization.
- He/She will be required to plan, design, manage and support the white space infrastructure.
Key responsibilities will include to;
- Ensuring a consistent client experience in providing DC Services
- Following and executing best practices linked to ITIL disciplines
- Understanding of Service Level Agreements (SLA) for clients in the facility
- Responsible for coordinating on-boarding activities for clients, and executing client setup/configurations
- Contributing, creating, and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) documentation and reporting periodically
- Identifying and recommending automation, process improvements, and identifying opportunities for increased reliability and a better client experience
- Reviewing and reporting on daily operational logs with Data Centre Manager
- Ensure timely reporting and escalation of faults to designated persons (suppliers / internal stakeholders).
- Managing and coordinating of Client rack installations, power up and interconnectivity
- Active participant in the Change Advisory Board (CAB)
- Responsible for planning and coordination and execution of Change Records (CR) as it relates to Data Centre Space, power and cooling management
- Responsible for client expectation management
- Providing support to Operations Centre (NOC)/Service Desk initiatives and providing assistance for client communications
- Performing other duties as requested by the Data Centre Manager
- To work directly under the supervision of the Data Centre Operations Manager (DCOM)
- NOC Operations Engineers, Technical Solutions, DC Facilities Team, Data Centre Operations Manager (DCOM), Third party service providers, DC Colocation Clients
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A good Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/ Engineering with at least 3-5yrs industry experience.
- Strong analytical skills and motivation, together with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to recognize, diagnoses, and solve problems without undue assistance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, which include the ability to prepare reports and format documents, and client correspondence
- Strong operations and technology acumen
- Excellent attention to detail, aligned to strong verbal and written capacities
- ITIL qualification and practical knowledge will be an advantage.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of MS Office suite, including Visio
- Exposure to formal project delivery methodologies
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Customer service, focused on overall client satisfaction
- Ability to work within a deadline-oriented team environment, to prioritize work, and ability to work independently
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, click on “Data Centre Service Coordinator”