Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
DRC has been operating in the West Africa region for over 15 years, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria and a Regional Office (RO) in Abidjan. DRC has 17 offices and more than 500 staff members across the WA region.
DRC started operating in Nigeria in 2015 where plans to run a combination of emergency, livelihood, WASH, protection and advocacy programmes has been set. DRC currently has offices in Abuja, Yola, Mubi and planning to run an office in Maiduguri and Yobe, besides 20 staff members subject to increase in near future.
Job Title: Safety Officers
- Sound judgment and the ability to work effectively with others at all levels.
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills.
- Interpersonal communication and proven written / presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage under stressful conditions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the historical and socio-political context of Nigeria.
- IT literate, MS – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in developing security related technical tools guidelines and systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to humanitarian work or risk management.
- Demonstrative experience in INGO/NGO or UN field (operations) with experience of safety and security.
- Competent and literate in English, verbal and written, with a sound knowledge of technical expressions.
- Availability: Mid May 2016
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a Cover Letter outlining their interest and qualifications and CV’s in English marked “The position you are applying for & area of work preference” to the DRC Office (Human Resources department), and sent if by email to: [email protected] Or Post to the following Address:
49 Karewa Gra,
- Names and contact details of 3 professional references should be provided.
- Please submit your application, in English no later than the closing date above
- We only accept applications sent by email via: [email protected] or applications received by Postal service.
- The positions are for Nigerians nationals only.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please provide references, but do not attach any written recommendations.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for (written and oral) interviews.