The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
Dangote Group, an equal opportunity employer with the recent planned induction of a large number of trucks and trailers into our currently expanding transport operations, seeks applications from suitable candidates from across the country who are intelligent, self-motivated and responsible to fill the position below:
Job Title: Truck Officer
- We have 7,000 trucks to share with intelligent, hardworking and committed individuals with business acumen who would like to deepen their entrepreneurial skills in the transport/haulage business, willing to manage and operate a truck, if necessary by appointing their own driver (who should pass the institutional screening, orientation and training process).
- We will support you all the way, providing first class maintenance support, fuel and other resources available at our facilities.
- For you to become bonafide owner of the truck, among other considerations, the truck entrepreneur must have logged about 400,000 km (Example: Lagos to Kano 200 times).
- On meeting the mileage target, a nominal amount will be paid by the truck entrepreneur and this amount will be provided to the truck driver who would have assisted the truck entrepreneur in meeting this target, the money will represent a discharge payment to the driver.
- Any driver so discharged above can again apply and be engaged to work with another truck entrepreneur.
- You can be one of the fortunate ones and you just need to apply, supported with credentials and introduced by reliable and honourable guarantors with verifiable fixed asset.
- To succeed in this entrepreneurship scheme, each professional must ensure at all times the availability of his/her truck for loading at the plant level and off-loading at the customer/depot locations, which is to serve with excellence all of our cement customers with our product.
- By this, we are upscaling the quality of our customer service delivery.
The minimum qualifications/experience are:
- First degree/HND in any discipline from a recognized University/Polytechnic
- Prior experience in transport/fleet management is desired but not compulsory
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications/CV’s to: email@example.com
Dangote Cement Plc
Union Marble House,
1, Alfred Rewane Road,
Application Deadline 5th June, 2015