The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
Dangote Group is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer – Health and Nutrition
- Establish and maintain partnerships to implement the health and nutrition components of Dangote Foundation’s strategy.
- Provide oversight technical support to implementing partners on health and nutrition, and ensure they adhere to technical standards in program implementation.
- Support the Foundation’s efforts to manufacture and distribute ready-to-use therapeutic food (RUTF) in Nigeria.
- Ensure the CMAM, BCC, livelihoods and empowerment, and advocacy components of the Foundation’s nutrition strategy are implemented to globally-accepted standards.
- Develop and maintain strong linkages with government and other development partners, and ensure that the Foundation is represented at relevant meetings, seminars and workshops.
- Provide financial oversight and grants compliance to health and nutrition-related grants given to partners, and promote the principles of value-for-money in all Dangote Foundation-funded activities.
- Promote an integrated approach to health and nutrition interventions by ensuring multi-sector representation, consensus building, and participatory engagement.
- Carry out regular monitoring visits to project sites, and provide supervisory support to activity implementation at the community level.
- Support the development of strategy documents, proposals, agreements, training curriculums, briefing documents and other technical and non-technical documents as may be required.
- Support data collection and analysis as well as preparation of high quality program reports.
- Receive, process and follow up requests for medical assistance (RMA) sent to Dangote Foundation. Document such processes and prepare case studies and success stories as needed.
- Analyze program data and accomplishments and contribute to the Dangote Foundation’s learning agenda and thought leadership efforts.
- Maintain strong partnership with partners, government, community/religious leaders and private sector players and other relevant stakeholders in a manner that reflects professionalism and mutual respect in order to ensure ownership and sustainability.
- Ensure constant self-learning and capacity development to keep up with knowledge and trends in the health and nutrition sector
- Perform any other functions as assigned by supervisor
Job Title: Grants Manager
- Support the initial evaluation of grants proposals
- Support the management of the overall grants submission and approval process
- Lead the initial and subsequent assessment of all potential and existing grantees
- Prepare grants agreements in collaboration with the Foundation senior management for all grants awarded and ensure that all documentation are received before the funds are disbursed.
- Monitor the progress of all grantees with respect to contractual milestones and grant agreement.
- Ensure that grantees comply with the Foundation’s implementation and reporting guidelines
- Ensure submission of timely reports (narrative and financial) that meet the Foundation’s internal requirements.
- Maintain adequate documentation to support grants-related activities and ensure adherence with the Foundation’s standards
Job Title: Program Support Officer
1.) Operational Support:
- Liaise with Admin Manager (Abuja) and Office Manager (Lagos) to ensure adequate logistic, financial and administrative support to Health and Nutrition team
- Organize and support meetings of H&N staff both within and outside the office
- Ensure the Abuja sub-office of the Foundation runs smoothly: attend to day-to-day challenges and document issues accordingly
- Ensure availability of office needs including furniture, stationery, equipment, and infrastructure (power, water, internet etc.)
- Receive and document internal and external guests that visit the Abuja sub-office
- Manage the Abuja sub-office petty cash flow and ensure proper documentation of expenditure
- Coordinate and support staff movements including leaves, field/HQ trips, and meetings/appointments
- Work with office manager (Lagos) to arrange international travel logistics for staff where applicable
- Maintain an inventory of all Dangote Foundation equipment in Abuja
2.) Grants Management and Compliance:
- Support the process of identification and engagement of implementing partners for health and nutrition programs
- Support the whole range of grants management activities beginning from pre-award assessments, monitoring/compliance visits and close-out procedures
- Communicate Dangote Foundation grants policies and procedures to partners and organize trainings where necessary
- Review partner liquidations and financial reports before onward transmission to the finance team in Lagos. Identify compliance issues and carry out appropriate actions as detailed in the Foundation grants manual
- Carry out periodic checks to ensure partners comply with agreements and MOUs, and document any variances
- Maintain grants files and ensure they are up-to-date
- Support internal and external audits
3.) Communications and Documentation:
- Maintain records of all health and nutrition program activities – both hard and soft copies
- Document all meetings and share reports accordingly
- Document case studies and success stories of program activities: visit field visits, interact with beneficiaries and get firsthand information and pictures
- Work with Program Officer to follow up and document requests for medical assistance
- Work with MEAL Adviser to ensure an effective information management system for program activities
- Ensure all team members prepare and submit trip reports following every trip out of Abuja
- Manage all letters and other communication to and from the Abuja sub-office including those relating to NGOs and government partners
4.) Other tasks:
- Support program activities including meetings and trainings
- Coordinate and host meetings with partner staff
- Carry out any other task as assigned by supervisor
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s & cover letter to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 27th June, 2016.