Alexis Consult Nigeria Limited – Our company is one of the foremost reputable companies in Nigeria with the objective of carrying on the business of broadcasting, printing, publishing, telecommunications and other allied multi-media services.
We are looking to hire young, vibrant and forward looking graduates who are ready to learn, perform and demonstrate competence to fill the position of:
Job Title: Customer Service Representative
- Provides customer service support to the organization by obtaining, analysing and verifying the accuracy of order information in a timely manner.
- Initiates and/or implements corrective action as needed in order to ensure that an excellent standard of service and a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Prepares customer service summary reports.
- Co-ordinates the handling of difficult and/or unusual situations
- Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services.
- Maintains financial accounts by processing customer adjustments.
- Recommends potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analysing customer needs.
- Prepares product or service reports by collecting and analysing customer information
- Opens customer accounts by recording account information.
- Maintains customer records by updating account information.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of standards, policies and procedures regarding customer service
- Regularly provides feedback on the soundness and effectiveness of the customer service department’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for actively ensuring the retention of the organization’s customer base which includes promoting the organization to existing customers.
- Works with the organization’s other branch/regional offices to resolve problems, facilitate solutions and enhance customer service offerings.
- Prepares, generates and distributes daily reports and order acknowledgements to appropriate personnel.
- Facilitates the collection of competitive information in order to monitor business trends and opportunities.
- Adheres to all corporate policies, guidelines and statutory requirements and recommends to senior management adoption and/or changes to policies and guidelines to reflect circumstances within the customer service area.
- Excellent Communications skills
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Technical Capacity.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Time Management.
- Should be ready to work overtime in certain situations where there is an excess in customer issues waiting to be resolved
- Polite and cautious at all times.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to send in a one page cover letter. It should be able to show the STAR structure:
- Situation a brief sentence or two to set the scene and give the context
- Target (or Task) the specific aspects you focused on and why
- Action what you actually did, how and when you did it, and the rationale for your choices
- Result what the outcome was and the difference it made
Situation and Target (or Task)
- Describe what you did and what was achieved.
- Write a short summary of between one and two sentences describing the facts surrounding the situation, how it affected the organisation, the project, the customers, etc. and any problems and difficulties that you encountered.
- Convey the significance of what was done and how it affected the outcome, together with some brief details of what was involved.
Action (what you did)
- This is really the most important part, as it concerns explaining what you actually did.
- Give a brief summary of the critical actions you personally took that relate to the competency in question.
The best way to approach this is to ask yourself:
- What were the one or two key things I did that had the greatest impact upon the final result?
- Try to focus on the actions that relate to the specific competency in question, as often a set of critical actions may provide evidence of several competencies.
- Proportion of the achievement for which you personally claim credit
- Try to be specific about the situation, the tangible results achieved and the part you played in achieving that result.
- This is particularly important if you were acting as part of a team.
- Highlight the role you actually played in achieving the outcome rather than focusing too much on the team activities.
- Note the proportion of the achievement for which you claim credit.
All submissions must be sent to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 31st October, 2015