Cuso International is a North American leading international development agency that works through volunteers to overcome poverty since more than 50 years.
Cuso International is currently implementing a five year project: Youth Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Access and Development Project (YouLead). Funded by Government of Canada through the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development the project supports the creation of youth-led enterprises and employment for young women and men in the natural resource sector in Cross River State, Nigeria.
We therefore invite applications from qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Calabar, Nigeria
Reports to: Finance Officer
Classification: Grade 2
Contract type: 2- Year Fixed-Term Contract
- Reporting to the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant is responsible for supporting the Finance Officer in day to day financial activities within the project Office.
- He/She will be responsible for managing cash disbursement, including trainees’ payments, petty cash management and maintenance of adequate record and adherence to Cuso International and donor policies.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate petty cash records and vouchers according to petty cash limit with appropriate approval.
- Keep safe all cash in hand according to Cuso cash procedure.
- Prepare with-holding tax report.
- Assist new staff to open bank accounts.
- Support the Finance Officer in the review and reconciliation of attendance register with payments for trainees, trip expenses and employees advances.
- Make entries of financial vouchers into Cuso in-house financial.
- Making cheque and cash deposits into bank accounts. Including payments for tax, pensions, health insurance, vendors and partners.
- Stamps paid all vouchers and maintain record filing in a chronological order and arrange all documents in an orderly manner in the filing cabinet.
- Any other tasks as required from time to time.
- Carry out any other duties as required by the Finance Officer.
Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant accounting qualification or diploma with at least two (2) years relevant working experience in an office environment assisting with financial duties.
- Strong attention to detail, including the ability to identify, resolve & correct errors
- Proven record of providing good customer service to internal & external clients
- Ability to manage time & tight deadlines & working effectively under pressure
- Ability to maintain integrity & confidentiality of financial data
- Knowledge & understanding of Nigerian taxation processes
- Experience of working with financial/accounting software & spreadsheets such as Excel, SAGE & Quickbook.
- Proven ability to create accurate & clear financial analysis/review reports.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural context, in multiple teams, and where teams may be geographically dispersed.
- Proven ability to be self-serving in IT (Outlook, Email, databases, basic excel, PowerPoint, amongst others) and willingness to develop IT skills in order to improve effectiveness at work.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should must be forwarded to: [email protected] , with the competition number: Finance Assistant 2015-44 clearly marked as the subject number.
- No late applications will be considered.
- CV must be 3 pages in length maximum and covering letter must be 1 page long maximum.
- To be considered, your résumé and cover letter should demonstrate that all of the essential qualifications are met. Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Application Deadline 12:00am (Nigeria Time), 4th November, 2015