Cuso International is a development organization that works to reduce poverty and inequality through the efforts of highly skilled volunteers, collaborative partnerships and compassionate donors. We envision a world where all people are able to realize their potential, develop their skills and participate fully in society. We believe in the power of people, value diversity and take responsibility for our actions and proactively demonstrate that we work with and on behalf of others. Cuso International works in developing countries across the world. We currently have programs in eighteen countries.
About Farming World and Rural development Initiative
FAWARD, formed in 1996 when there was gross failure in crops, pesticide hazards and low prices, offered by middlemen. Our involvement in HIV/AIDS and social health related issues was due to the effects of HIV/AIDS in Cross River in 2004 with a prevalence rate of 12% the highest in the federation. After an in-depth research and focus group discussions with stakeholders like Farmers, agro-dealers, Environmentalist, Processors, Marketers, Consumers, the health sector, and service providers among others. Out of passion, Mr Henry Ogar Etta decided to form the group.
Job Title: Program and Business Development Advisor
The volunteer’s role
- In order to continue their vital work of Improved access of young women and men to health information provided by youth friendly services,FAWARD is in need of a volunteer who will build the capacity of their team to identify, cultivate, secure and steward donors.
- We are trying to match the perfect volunteer to the perfect experience so our start dates can be flexible. It would just depend on the partner organization’s needs.
The volunteer will:
- Conduct a stewardship audit to identify past challenges to renewing institutional and individual donors.
- Work collaboratively with the FAWARD team to write and submit funding proposals.
- Conduct an indepth capacity assessment (CAP) of FAWARD for Cuso International
- Assist FAWARD staff in developing a case for support for each core program.
- Identify and build relationships with foundations, multi-laterals and private donors who have not previously supported the work of FAWARD.
Essential Academic Qualifications
- A university degree in public relations, communication, marketing or related social science field
Essential Professional Background/Competencies
- At least 3 years related work experience in non-governmental organizations, development agencies, hospitals, community based organisations in fundraising, business development and/or program development.
Desirable Academic Qualifications
- A master’s degree in business administration desirable
Important information for candidates
Cuso International covers the following costs:
– Return airfare and visa/permit costs
– Accommodation while overseas
– Access to Employee Assistance Program while overseas and upon return
– Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
– Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and in-country training orientation
– Modest living allowance while overseas
– Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
– The cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
Fundraising: We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.
E-volunteering: Depending on the nature of the placement, the volunteer might be required to provide e-volunteering support to the local partner or Cuso International before or after the field placement.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply