Cuso International is a North American leading international development agency that works through volunteers to overcome poverty since more than 50 years.
Cuso International is currently implementing a new five year project: Youth Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Access and Development Project (YouLead). Funded by Government of Canada through the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development the project supports the creation of youth-led enterprises and employment for young women and men in the natural resource sector in Cross River State, Nigeria.
Cuso International and implementing partners will develop a youth-driven approach to support sustainable economic activities in key sectors (forestry, agriculture, aquaculture and eco-tourism) identified by the CRS government and other key stakeholders. The project will also strengthen capacity of government at State and LGA levels, youth serving civil society organizations, training organizations, and financial institutions to develop and implement a gender-responsive NRM ‘green jobs/green economy’ policy framework as the basis of increasing employment, self-employment and secured livelihoods for young women and men in the natural resource sectors.
Job Title: Administration & Logistics Assistant
Location: Ogoja, Cross River State, Nigeria
Reports to: Project Support & Logistics Officer
Contract Type: Replacement, Full-time, four (4) months commencing ASAP
Language requirements: English is essential
Competition number: ALA-2017-01
Reporting directly to the Project Support and Logistics Officer, the Administration & Logistics Assistant will be responsible for all general day-to-day administration of the Ogoja YouLead Office. The incumbent will contribute to the implementation of the administration, finance and procurement functions of YouLead, leading its implementation and ensuring standards, policies and procedures and practices are consistent with donor (Global Affairs Canada) and Cuso requirements.
- BBA or acceptable combination of education, training and /or experience related to job requirements
- Professionalism, diplomacy and ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentially.
- Flexibility to adapt to new situations with a positive and professional attitude towards working within the organization’s standards.
- Commitment to teamwork.
- Attitudes and behaviours that demonstrate respect for diversity.
- Proficiency with Office Suite (Windows, Word, excel, Power Point, Outlook) database and internet
- Willingness to travel within the 18 LGAs of Cross River State, Nigeria.
- Ability to work irregular hours.
- Ability to drive and possession of a valid driver’s licence.
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in the area of business administration
- Experience providing excellent customer service
- Efficient communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen, be patient and diplomatic
- Good time management, planning and priority setting skills, and demonstrated initiative
- Effective, constructive and creative problem solving abilities
How to Apply
Your application must include the competition number: ALA-2017-01, clearly marked as the subject. Applications must be received by February 8, 2017, 11:59pm EST. No late applications will be considered. Your resume, including the cover letter must not be longer than 4 pages in length.
To be considered, your résumé and cover letter should demonstrate that all of the essential qualifications are met.Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply