Research Triangle Institute (RTI International) is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. For more information on RTI International’s work.
ENVISION is an 8-year program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) through which RTI supports and expands Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) control and elimination in priority countries and will further the development of evidence-based policies and standards globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Officer (Neglected Tropical Diseases-NTDs)
Location: Cross River State
Reports to: Resident Program Advisor
Under the supervision of the Resident Program Advisor (RPA) in Nigeria, the Program Officer oversees the formulation, execution, monitoring and evaluation of the ENVISION project in Cross River State ensuring consistency with the project priorities and outcomes and supporting the State Ministry of Health in implementing an integrated NTD strategy.
- Facilitate the creation of detailed annual work plans ensuring timing, budget, and scope align with national policies, ENVISION goals, and that of USAID
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, develop implementation plans to scale mass distribution of medicines to treat onchocerciasis, lymphatic filariasis, schistosomiasis and soil transmitted helminthes (STH)
- As required, regularly review and revise the project schedule with senior management and other relevant staff
- In collaboration with the RPA, ensure project partners execute the project according to their respective project plans
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders, including staff of the State Ministry of Health, RTI, and FMOH, on project progress.
- Document project activities and ensure that all project information is appropriately secured
- Facilitate and monitor the progress of project implementation and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the project remains on track and is successfully completed
Program Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Implement monitoring and evaluation according RTI/ENVSION and FMOH standards
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of international standards as set by FMOH, RTI/ENVSION and USAI D
- When requested, support internal and external evaluations on the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
- Disseminate findings from evaluations to support organizational learning and contribute to policy processing or development.
Advocacy and Strategic Alliances:
- Build and maintain meaningful working relationships with both government and key project stakeholders at all levels in order to strengthen opportunities for advocacy and higher project visibility;
- Represent RTI/ENVSION among local partners and at other appropriate fora;
- Carry out additional tasks, as may be requested by the RPA and other senior officer(s) of the State Ministry of Health.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Successful implementation of the ENVISION project in Cross River States based on:
- Effective tracking and reporting of program indicators;
- Implementation of annual work plans.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge pertaining to the control and elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD)
- Ability to use computer software such as Microsoft office, internet.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent personal integrity and confidentially.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and to meet deadlines.
- A bachelor’s or equivalent, degree in Microbiology, Parasitology, Entomology or similar field; medicine or health-related field
- Minimum of Master of Public Health or related master’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the field of public health.
Job Title: Accountant (Neglected Tropical Diseases-NTDs)
Location: Cross River State
Reports to: Resident Program Advisor
- Assists in the administration and oversight of program funds in coordination with RTI and IJSAID guidelines.
- Maintains local accounts on the QuickBooks computerized accounting system; enters and codes all transactions in QuickBooks.
- Identifies potential accounting discrepancies and works with the Finance
- Officer to effectively research, track and resolve these issues.
- Monitors state-level project budget to ensure project expenditures versus milestones and reimbursements.
- Coordinates with necessary technical and finance ENVISION Nigeria team members to compile project financial reports.
- Conducts other general accounting duties, as assigned,
- Initiates checks and other payments to vendors following RTI and IJSAID rules and regulations.
- Maintains financial management files of backup documentation for all local transactions as required by USAID regulations and RTI policies, including files for vendors and grantees, and ensures audit trail for all necessary documentation.
- Maintains local audit file, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable documentation, and other miscellaneous financial filings.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in accounting, financial planning and management, accounting transactions, budgeting, reporting and ensuring compliance of internal control systems.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical ability.
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality and ability to work in a team setting.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Significant experience using QuickBooks highly desirable.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and strong database skills,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting and at least 3 years of experience (or Masters plus 1 year of experience) in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, auditing, and/or taxation fora USAID-funded project.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, ACCA), or significant progress toward obtainment of designation preferred.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit a current CV with contact information to: [email protected] and indicate “ENVISION Nigeria Program Officer-CRS” in the subject title. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Application Deadline 2nd May, 2016