Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health by helping public and private organizations throughout the world to effectively manage people, medicines, money, and information. Working from more than 30 country offices and our Arlington, Virginia and Medford, Massachusetts US headquarters, our staff from 65 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
MSH is seeking highly qualified candidates for an anticipated five-year USAID funded malaria program in Nigeria. This program will strengthen delivery of malaria case management: delivery of quality services for management of malaria and its complications, prevention of malaria in pregnancy, and integrated community case management.
Job Title: Senior Private Sector Advisor – Malaria
Availability of the position is contingent upon issuance of a USAID funding mechanism, and selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant experience in Nigeria.
- Serves as the main point of contact for private sector engagement on malaria interventions and collaborations for each specific TO;
- Overall private sector strategy and plan for the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative for States Project, including identifying opportunities for expansion in the private sector at federal, state, and community level;
- Lead in the development of the private sector strategy and plan for the project;
- Identify cost effective innovations for expansion in the private sector including capacity building, demand creation, data collection and supervision;
- Work with the Senior M&E Advisor to identify indicators that will communicate success in the private sector;
- Contribute to market analysis and segmentation for private sector service delivery and commodity management;
- Work with the Senior Malaria Technical Advisor to develop/adapt appropriate tools for quantification of commodity, costing, distribution, capacity building and supportive interventions especially on malaria diagnosis for malaria program;
- Support the development of strategic partnerships in malaria control activities that provide synergy and complement existing strengths;
- Enhance strategic coordination with NMEP on the public –private sector strategy.
- At least 12 years of relevant work experience in private sector mobilization for health; some of this experience must include health programs in Nigeria and the US Government as the project’s donor.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, statistics or another relevant field.
- Demonstrated progressive field experience in malaria prevention and treatment programs in developing countries.
- In depth knowledge of the private sector and public private sector partnerships for health;
- Demonstrated experience implementing health programs in the private sector, and the community.
- Demonstrated capacity to mobilize private sector stakeholders at a senior management level.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely effective decisions.
- Willingness to travel within project areas as needed.
- Excellent written communication in English is required.
Job Title: Parenting Skill Consultants and Facilitators
Terms of reference (TOR)
- Work with the OVC Advisor to review and adapt existing parenting curriculum
- Develop a parenting skills training curriculum, facilitators manual and participants workbook using the adopted ACCORD Project parent-Child- Communication manual creative briefs.
- Do a virtual review of all parent-child communication /parenting skill related manuals and documents.
- Present a developed training curriculum (facilitators guide and participant handbook) to the Pro ACT project
- Develop training slides/ presentations for the training
- The Facilitator will conduct a 5-day TOT on parenting skills in two batches with support from the MSH technical leads on Parenting Skills
- H/she will be responsible for documenting and compiling the action plans arrived at after the plenary group sessions.
- He/she will collate, analyze, and report the daily training evaluation as part of the effort to improve training quality.
- He/she will be expected to conduct and analyze the pre and post test result in an excel sheet provided by MSH.
- At the end of the engagement, the facilitator will write a comprehensive training report to be submitted to MSH leadership
- Submit soft copies Parenting skills curriculum, facilitators manual and participants workbook
- Submit training slides, pre and post-tests evaluations and answers
- Conduct two TOT trainings on parenting skills using adult learning principles
- Compile and present post training follow up action plans as agreed during plenary sessions
- Present a comprehensive training report to MSH leadership within 7 days of training completion
- S/he will be responsible for conveying herself/himself to the venue of the training
- S/he is expected to work in the MSH country office for 4 days to develop curriculum and manuals and hold pre-training meeting with MSH technical leads.
- Minimum of a post-graduate degree in Child Psychology, Social Works or Guidance & Counselling from a recognized University, A doctorate degree will be an added advantage
- Highly skilled facilitator with 2-5 years’ experience in providing and facilitating Parenting Skill /Parent-Child Communication Trainings.
Qualified candidates currently residing in Nigeria are encouraged to apply.
EEO StatementMSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national origin, age, veteran’s status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply