African Sun Amber Residence Limited – We are one of the leading and fastest growing hotel and leisure groups in Africa with business and resort destinations throughout Ghana, Nigeria and Zimbabwe.
Job Title: Guest Service Agent
- Assist the Front Office Manager in ensuring the smooth and efficient overall day – to – day operations of the Front desk including reservations.
- Provide excellent customer service per the standards of the Residence, and assist in situations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure guest requests, inquiries and concerns are addressed and completed in a timely manner.
- Assist in the supervision and preparation of function sheets with the delivery and execution of guest welcome letters and profile updating.
- Review guest special requests and ensure they are met or exceeded.
- Answer the telephone in a timely and professional manner
- Make reservations over the phone and in person
- Run daily reports to check reservations for accuracy and identify any special requests
- Responsible for a cash float throughout your shift and ensuring it balances correctly at the end of shift
- Anticipate and address guest’s service needs
- Listen to guest’s complaints or concern and resolve their issue in a timely manner
- Promote a safe working environment
- Working with all departments in the Residence to ensure we meet or exceed guests’ expectations and all guests’ billing is accurate and up to date at time of departure.
- Act as a liaison with the Sale’s team, Food & Beverage, Facility and Housekeeping teams to ensure clear communication.
- Assist in the administration and management of the Front Office, including but not limited to scheduling.
- Coordinate Residence emergency procedures within the scope of defined plans.
- Engage in the preparation and rendition of returns, reports and other assignments as required by Management.
- Engage each guest as a unique individual and listen attentively to their requests
- Perform accurate check-ins and checkâ€�outs of guests daily
- Performs any additional tasks which are assigned by management
Qualifications and Requirements
- The successful candidate must have at least three years Guest Service agent experience that must include handling of large group arrivals.
- The successful candidate must have excellent command of the English language is essential, both written and verbal.
- The successful candidate should be person that pays attention to details and have excellent organizational skills.
- The successful candidate should be able to work with little supervision and must be self motivated.
- The successful candidate must have solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and general computer applications. Knowledge of OPERA Information, Technology and Communication (ITC) would be an added advantage.
- The successful candidate must have at least an ND or University degree in any related discipline.
- The successful candidate must be customer centric and have a very good relationship management skill that must include the ability to deal with all guests service situations while continually ensuring guest’s satisfaction is obtained in the Residence.
- The successful candidate must have proven supervisory skills which should include the ability to motivate and mentor colleagues for greater productivity.
- The successful candidate must be able to work under pressure and stressful situation.
Job Title: Facility Manager
- Monitors the operations of our residence equipment and systems and implement effective maintenance schedule required to ensure their efficiency, improvement and expansions
- Apply professional skills to monitor the purchase, use and inventories of spear parts, maintenance supplies, and equipments and initiate reordering when necessary
- Track, analyze and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, schedule compliance etc.
- Source and recommend experienced service providers and ensure timely and successful completion of projects and system set up
- Directs contractors as needed to achieve compliance with applicable regulations and to complete needed investigation of and repair to utilities
- Oversee the completion and submission of required monitoring reports and operating permits to ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations
- Ensure that maintenance technicians are adequately trained and equipped to deliver maintenance services in a safe, timely and cost effective manner at the residence
- Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program, health and environmental policies and procedures
- Direct Budget preparation and monitor compliance with budget changes-when necessary
- Maintain and ensure effective use of maintenance workshop equipment
Skills Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in Electrical Engineering
- 8-15 years hands-on experience and working knowledge/ skills of basic fields (Carpentry, Electrical and Plumbing, A/c) in the hospitality industry would be an added advantage.
- Communication – Effective written and verbal communication skills that conveys information effectively.
- Good knowledge of hand and power tools.
Job Title: Waiter
- Inform Guest of daily specials.
- Clean tables and after Guest have finished dining.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for Guest, and chill bottles of wine.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Present menus to Present menus to guests and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request
- Escort Guest to their tables.
- Describe and recommend wines to guests.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for guests.
- Collect payments from Guest
- Write Guest food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Take orders from Guest for food or beverages.
- Check with Guest to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Serve food and/or beverages to Guest; prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of OND in Hotel Management
- At least five (5) years practical experience in the hospitality industry
- Specialize on both local and intercontinental dishes
- Must have sound knowledge of food & beverage products
- Must have refined skills in public relations
- Must have Typing skills, Windows XP, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must have knowledge on Micros I/T application. (This is a must)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Knowledge in hotel services especially in attending to guest’s needs.
- Knowledge and skills as a waiter of varieties of continental and local dishes.
- Ability to attend to guest needs according to order placed.
- Must be courteous to guests.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Good knowledge of dishes documentation.
How to Apply
Applicants should forward their resumes/CV’s & application letters to the following address:
The Human Resources Officer
Africa Sun Amber Residence Ltd,
16 Esugbayi Street,
Or E-mail their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org