Cummins Inc. – A global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
Cummins is recruiting to fill the vacant job position below:
Job Title: HR Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Partners with business and human resources functional leadership in the planning and implementation of human resources initiatives and policies for the organization.
- Leads a broad range of human resources processes and is responsible for overall operational effectiveness and compliance with company policies and applicable legislation.
- Partners with managers and employees to resolve issues and concerns.
- Ensures compliance with key government legislative requirements and adherence to human resources policies and procedures.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of workforce information in human resources information systems.
- Measures and analyzes key performance indicators to deliver functional and business performance improvements related to human resource investments.
- Communicates and consults on all areas of human resources including compensation, benefits, staffing, organizational development, employee relations, and performance management in alignment with common human resources strategies and processes.
- Coaches and mentors direct reports; assigns work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs; assesses performance and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Establishes strategies with business leaders to select and retain the diverse talent required to maintain a competitive advantage and to align with recruiting strategies.
- Collaborates with business leadership to translate current and future business goals and develops initiatives and tactics to meet business objectives in alignment with overall human resources strategies and processes.
- Resolves conflicts and provides coaching and counseling on human resources matters for functional or organizational leadership.
- Conducts and documents investigations for business organizations or functional areas.
- Provides employee development expertise, support systems and processes focused on continuous learning and knowledge sharing.
- Implements and supports work systems and an environment that allows employees to achieve high performance.
- Importance of Leadership Competencies increases with broadened scope and responsibilities.
Labor and Employee Relations:
- Applies knowledge of key factors necessary to build and maintain positive employee relations and implements practices that materialize these factors.
- Experienced consulting on strategies and processes to ensure positive employee relations.
Benefits Design and Administration:
- Has a good understanding of benefits programs including the design, cost structure, and experience answering employee questions.
- Possesses a good understanding of pay structures and systems and how to apply that knowledge when making pay decisions.
- Determines job levels and slots jobs within those levels.
- Understands the impact of pay decisions on internal equity and external competitiveness.
Conducting An Investigation:
- Possesses in depth knowledge of business ethics policies and practices, and utilizes that knowledge to determine the appropriate course of action.
- Recommends appropriate resolutions and follow up actions as a result of investigations, taking into consideration the organizational environment.
- Has experience training, coaching, developing and influencing others as it pertains to the investigation process.
- Has a thorough understanding of the spectrum of diversity as it practiced in the organization. Has experience in implementing and administering policies related to diversity.
- Consults at all levels of the organization on issues and decisions that require extensive knowledge of employment laws.
- Significant experience in written and verbal communication and should be capable of communicating effectively to all levels within and outside the company.
Human Resources Data Management:
- Understands Human Resources information requirements. Able to perform data quality reviews and take corrective actions to ensure data completeness and accuracy. Has a full understanding of information confidentiality requirements.
- Possesses a good understanding of laws and practices affecting the relationship between labor and management.
- Possesses knowledge of common Organizational Development theories and tools. Utilizes approaches to increase organizational performance, such as benchmarking, scorecards, quality management, and team-based work systems.
- Has a good understanding of organizational values and goals, translates them into performance standards and applies and leads others through this process.
- Has a solid understanding of existing selection tools and effectively demonstrates the use of these tools in the staffing process.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field required.
- Significant relevant work experience required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply