Cummins Inc. – A global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Planner, Graduate
Job Type: Internship
- By working to coordinate the production, shipment, and delivery of the goods required to meet their business needs, Cummins Inc. has been able to more easily meet the demands of their customers. Effective supply chain management solves many of the problems encountered by businesses today.
- Graduate will mainly help with implementation of our operations Excellence. This will also help speed the implementation of continues improvement initiatives
- As a member of our world-class Manufacturing team, if you are determined to attain the highest levels of professional excellence, Cummins can provide you with the career path and extensive development opportunities you need to achieve your goals.
- Keep commitments to deliver the requested material on time, to the correct location, and with the proper quantity.
- Develop planning system strategies to improve signals across the supply chain
- Interfaces with sales, manufacturing, and marketing teams to design and deliver solutions.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation
- Execute the daily operational planning process within a specified functional area
- Establish and maintain world-class Lead-Times.
- Comply with applicable Cummins specifications for packaging, labelling, storage, shipping, tracking and containerization.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to learn, analyze, and understand business and technical processes
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective team work and multi-tasking skills a must
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, presentation) to all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s (2nd Class Upper & above) in Supply Chain Management or related Management discipline
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- A development opportunity whilst being coached by senior Africa leaders
- Opportunity to work with global teams on key projects (within and outside of Africa)
- A great work environment
- A competitive and market related salary, including medical aid
- Projects and work assignments that will immediately provide you an opportunity to practice your theory
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply