Crossover is redefining the way people work. Brick and mortar offices are history. The future of our global workforce will be built from teams collaborating from every corner of the world. We have embarked on an expedition to find and engage with that talent. Crossover has developed a unique method of finding, curating, and managing remote contractors. Our platform connects customers to the worlds best talent for both technical and non-technical employment. But we don’t just find the best, we also provide the tools, training, and relationship building support to ensure success for long term growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Architect – Java
Position Type: Full time (40 hours per week)
- Are you one of top Software Architects in the world? Do enjoy solving the incredibly complex problems that no one else has been able to complete? Are you 10x more productive than the typical developer?
- Are you interested in earning $120,000 while working for the best companies from the comfort of your home?
- Crossover is partnering with the hiring company to fill this position. Crossover specializes in finding and managing the talent in today’s global workforce and will help you through the recruiting process.
- The hiring company is probably the world’s first software factory.
- They are disrupting the way enterprise software is created by adopting a factory-style model for development and delivery.
- It has been built ground up on the basis of innovative processes and tools that are their Intellectual Property (IP).
- They manage massive scale, yet provide great cost savings and high quality in their work. This is, by the way, the complete opposite of conventional software development, where scale often leads to quality issues, cost and time overruns.
- Eager to join a network of the most talented remote workers in the world? If so, this role is for you!
- As a Chief Architect – Java, you will play a dynamic leadership role in our fast-paced environment.
- You will be responsible for developing solutions to complex architecture problems, designing and delivering real enterprise-class software products to customers and being a hands-on peer leader of top development resources.
- As the owner for the architecture and technical delivery of a multi-million dollar revenue per year enterprise software product, you will effectively work as the CTO of the engagement with a startup mindset, wearing multiple hats from lead architect and developer on the most complex elements of the product to technical team leader to solution evangelist ensuring that the customers are blown away by the technical differentiation and quality of the product.
- Developing expertise in one or more of our proprietary enterprise software products.
- Leveraging your broad technology capability set and maintain a level of excitement in using various technologies to architect, develop, and iteratively deploy real enterprise class software
- Achieving an expert level understanding of our customers’ environments and their use of our products.
- Leading a small team of Software Engineers to apply software engineering practices and implement automations across all elements of solution delivery
- Manage accountability of team members, with pinpoint focus on quality
- Personally accountable for resolution of the most technically challenging issues
- Ensuring our customers are supremely confident in the advantages and quality of our product and solution, and the technical services you lead to deliver them.
- Architecting and leading weekly technical delivery of one or more products in a way that maintains an unyielding focus on quality while matching the needs of the target customer base.
- Creating solutions architecture, algorithms, and designs for solutions that scale to the customers’ enterprise/global requirements
Desired Skills and Experience
Required experience and education:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Cloud architecture and DevOps
- At least 8 years of experience in hands-on Java programming and related technologies (eclipse, netbeans, hibernate, JPA, Spring, etc)
- Ability to engage sophisticated global customers in deep technical discussions, making them confident that you know their problem better than they do
- Computer Science or Engineering graduate/ post-graduate/ doctorate with top marks from a top technical university
- A true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach; demonstrated success as a problem solver, operating as a result-oriented, self-starter
- Comfort “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world
- Proficient in TDD, NoSQL (MongoDB or Cassandra), Relational DBs (MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle ), SOA, EDA, and design patterns
- Hands-on with Hadoop, openstack, MVVC and AWS
- Excellent understanding of current enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools, including virtual environments, source control, remote development, issue tracking, build and test automation, and networking management
This role may be a great fit if:
- You are a technical genius who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and in solving complex problems for customers with high expectations
- The opportunity for exposure to new challenges is immense, as the acquisition of several new products and customer bases every year creates extremely interesting learning opportunities for motivated professionals who strive to create value in their work and to personally grow.
- take a truly hands-on approach to product development, design and engineering.
- You want the opportunity to secure a high impact technical lead role in an expanding global software company that is growing both organically and through acquisition.
- Salary: $60/hr.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online