About the Job
FINCA is recruiting for an experienced, motivated and hands-on Customer Relationship Supervisor (CRS) to join FINCA’s start-up microfinance bank in Nigeria. The CRS is a middle manager reporting to the Branch Manager (BM), and is responsible for credit operations (including loan related savings) at the branch for the microfinance bank.
This role is designed to ensure FINCA maintains a firm hold on the supervision of field officers primarily responsible for underwriting loans and related savings. The job holder is responsible for managing the growth and performance of the branch loan portfolio (and related savings), participate in setting and implement strategies by the institution. The jobholder will need to ensure that team members have the capacity to deliver credit products (and related savings) in a highly efficient and profitable manner, in a market-led and mission driven approach.
The CRS will strive to ensure that the branch presents characteristics consistent with a credit ethos that will win community trust, respond to client needs and raise client awareness regarding the opportunities that FINCA credit products can provide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and mentor the credit team assigned
- Assess, review and approve loans as per policy
- Maintain a quality portfolio for the branch as per set target
- Maintain a well functioning filing system at the branch for all loan documents
- Analyze, compile and submit reports as per reporting standards
- Ensure effective implementation of customer service standards and perform regular meetings with existing and potential customers to identify gaps and potential areas for improvements.
- Developing and executing plans that will allow the branch to achieve their targets and implement branch strategies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- HND/Bachelor’s degree in Business Admin or related fields
- 3-4 years of experience in credit operations as a credit officer in Micro-Finance Environment.
- Strong credit analysis skills and experience
- Exposure to microfinance desired; experience with group lending is beneficial
- Fluency in English required, Igbo language proficiency is beneficial
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
To perform the job successfully, the candidate should demonstrate the following competencies and qualities:
- Commitment to implementing credible credit risk management system within the branch
- Willingness to relocate to Owerri, Nigeria and to travel within the country (40% of the time)
- Enterprising and self-driven personality with the ability to adapt and acquire new skills
- Ability to translate knowledge of business needs into value propositions mutually beneficial to customers and the branch.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Highly attentive to detail with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Results-oriented, with the ability to motivate the team to be consistent with performance
- Strong fit to FINCA’s desired corporate culture and values, and commitment to furthering FINCA’s mission and vision. In particular, must demonstrate a commitment to transparency and integrity
- Understands the needs of a start-up, with willingness and ability to perform duties beyond the scope of work
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here