Badenoch & Clark, international recruiting & staffing firm, dedicated to the recruitment of managers and executives, is searching for one of its clients, a logistic company operating also in Africa, for its Country Commercial Director – Nigeria.
COUNTRY COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR
Reporting to the Country Managing Director – Nigeria, your main objective will be to ensure the growth of the Group activity on the Nigerian market.
Your key responsibilities are:
– Define, propose, lead the execution of the commercial strategy,
– Review, adapt and amend strategy according to market challenges and business profitability,
– Identify target clients and lead the selling process,
– Elaborate action plan in order to enhance competitiveness, in terms of organization, service, quality, pricing,…
– Work with Operations and the various support departments to provide appropriate solutions to customers,
– Manage the quotations activity, monitor and improve the related performance,
– Build strong external and internal business relationships and network with key players.
Commercial team management
– Manage the commercial team to ensure the quantitative and qualitative targets are met,
– Measure the performance of the commercial team through appropriate metrics,
– Identify commercial performance gaps and put corrective actions in place,
– Train the commercial team to improve their knowledge and performance,
– Update personal knowledge and technical expertise.
– Carry out market surveys with the help of Marketing team,
– Identify and communicate market changes, key competitor’s strategies and industry trends to country, regional and corporate teams,
– Analyze the market’s attractiveness and competitive situation,
– Analyze strengths and weaknesses as compared to the competitors,
– Provide reliable statistics, analyses and action plans to increase market share.
– Monitor and report profitability analysis on accounts,
– Participate in debt recovery actions,
– Monitor customers’ satisfaction issues,
– Attend the KPI’s reviews with the key accounts,
– Provide monthly reporting on-time and within the agreed framework.
- Holding a Top University degree in Business and / or an Engineer degree, you have a proven track record of at least 5 years, in a business development function in the freight forwarding industry.
- You are already in relation with key market stakeholders. You have the ability to translate operational concepts into business solutions.
- Well organized, you possess a strong business acumen, excellent communication skills, as well as leadership abilities.
- Resourceful, flexible, your interpersonal skills will enable you to evolve in complex, challenging cultural and social contexts.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here