Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Job Title: Country Bio-Medical Technician
- Be the focal person for biomedical equipment for MSF in Nigeria mission. Know and understand the (technical details of the) equipment, ensure it is correctly used and functioning well. Ensure good follow-up of the activities of the project Biomedical Technicians and coordinate the biomedical equipment across the mission and with HQ for support or repair.
- The country biomed technician will be based in Jahun (Jigawa State) with regular visits in others projects. Around 70% of his time out of Jahun.
- Must know the all-biomedical devices present on the project(s). Understand the technical documentation, operating principle and use of each piece of biomedical equipment on the project/mission.
- Take the lead in organising user training where required.
- Arranges for packing, shipment and contact with service providers or after sales service to the MSF supply centre for the repair of equipment that cannot be fixed locally.
- Follow-up of maintenance contracts, proposes renewal before expired date.
- Coordinate between projects for equipment/support exchange to help ensure that as few items are out of service on the mission at any given time.
- Organizes and participates in installation and replacement of biomedical equipment.
- Provide assistance to project Biomedical Technicians when maintenance work requires further assistance, documentation or additional tools.
- Perform preventive maintenance, annual diagnosis and certification for those items of equipment for which specialized training has been provided.
- Perform fault diagnosis and curative maintenance on those items of equipment for which specialised training has been received.
- Manage inventory of spare parts and back-up equipment at mission level.
- Check and advice on international orders for consumables and spare parts.
- Coordinates and organise repair returns and keep track of the arrival of orders, request information in case of delay and / or emergency.
- Provides support to the project Biomedical Technician(s).
- Diploma as Biomedical technician
- Demonstrable technical skills and understanding
- Experience as a biomedical technician in hospital (Minimum 2 years’ experience)
- Pedagogical skills are an asset
- English Language
- Local language desirable
- Stress Management.
- Jahun (Jigawa State) based but 70% of the time on the different field project (Abuja, Maiduguri, Port Harcourt, new project)
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Admin’ Office in Abuja(No 26 Olu Agabi Close Life Camp, Gwarimpa District) (“Application Box” at the Watchmen Desk). (WITH REF. COUNTRY BIOMED TECH. 2016)
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: [email protected]
Deadline for the submission of applications: 17TH JUNE 2016.
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system