The MacTay Group is a leading consulting company with its sole aim to nurture and improve growth in people and establishments by offering strategic and operations consulting services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Cathodic Protection / Corrosion Engineer (Oil & Gas)
- Support new and existing upstream oil and gas projects with specification and design reviews of cathodic protection systems;
- Work with contractors and project teams to define the scope of work for cathodic protection systems for onshore, offshore and subsea structures;
- Develop, present, defend and maintain Company requirements for cathodic protection system and design
- B.Sc. Corrosion Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical or Electrical Engineering, and registered Member of Institute of Corrosion (UK) or NACE Certification as Cathodic Protection Specialist.
- Must have site experience in the field of surveys (Soil Resistivity, PSP, CIPS and/ or DCVG);
- Must have site experience in installation and commissioning of Cathodic Protection System and Remote Monitoring and Control System for CP System;
- Conversant with site audits, site investigation and troubleshooting with regards to Cathodic Protection System;
- Prepare scope of work, design drawings, bill of materials and cost estimates relating to Cathodic protection systems for replacement installations and/or new projects;
- Experience with protective coatings applications and maintenance;
- Training manpower in relevant discipline is an important requirements for this job.
- 10 years in relevant discipline in Oil & Gas production and processing industries;
- Demonstrated industry experience with cathodic protection detailed design and specification of requirements for well casings, pipelines, plant piping, AST (external/ internal), buried tanks, buried vessels, offshore pipelines, offshore structures, reinforced concrete structures and piling;
- Demonstrated familiarity with commissioning of cathodic protection systems and mitigation of interference;
- Conversant in Cathodic protection industry codes including NACE, ISO and DNV;
- Knowledge of corrosion engineering fundamentals;
- Self-motivated and focused on achieving business results through a multi-disciplinary team;
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills;
- Able to conduct inspections for all CP Materials;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online