Diageo is the name behind many of the World’s best loved drinks including Guinness, Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Baileys, Malta Guinness, J&B, Gordons Gin and Tanqueray.
Africa Regional Markets (ARM) is a Diageo business made up of over 40 markets across the breadth of Africa. The business models range from fully integrated demand and supply businesses in Ghana and Cameroun, newly integrated businesses in Ethiopia and Mozambique to Partnerships in a number of West, Central and Southern African countries and Angola.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Corporate Communications Manager Job Opening at Diageo
Job Position: Corporate Communications Manager
- The role sits in Lagos but involves travel across all company locations
- The role has responsibility for corporate, investment, brand and employee communications
- Drive the creation of best practice leadership communications and drive standards of leadership engagement within the company
- Lead on raising leadership communications capability across the company especially in the area of external engagement
Purpose of Role
The purpose of the role is to help Guinness Nigeria achieve its vision of becoming the most celebrated company in Nigeria and to beat the competition through defining and driving standards of leadership engagement, brand and corporate PR.
- Contribute to the formulation of strategy for the organisation ensuring that all communication policies and programmes support the organization’s overall strategic direction. This will include:
- Directing the development of company positioning messages to be adopted into all Communications/PR materials
- Directing the preparation and maintenance of regular and special reports desired by the business
- Manage a comprehensive employee communications strategy and plan that directly supports the business strategy, vision and values and uses a range of appropriate tools and is measurable
- Responsible for the development, preparation, design and evaluation of communication initiatives in line with plan e.g. weekly newsletter, leadership communications, project communications
- Developing and executing plans for the design, writing and production of external communications materials, including brochures, memos, newsletters, etc.
- Ensure optimal management of the PR agencies
- Initiating and monitoring communication activities in order to realize the desired uniform and integral positioning of the company
- Communication excellence through the development and innovation of ways to engage the business
- Design, prepare and rollout internal employee surveys as and when required by the business. Collate feedback.
- Be responsible for communicating to the internal audiences in times of a crisis.
- Manage a robust and integrated employee communications forum to facilitate sharing of best practice, cross-functional working and management of timely corporate and brand communication(s)
- Ensure message consistency and adoption of communication principles through building relationships with all key functions and audiences and coaching of Guinness Leadership Team.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor degree and post graduate qualification in PR, marketing or journalism is preferable.
- Minimum 8 year’s experience working at a strategic level on business or brand related communications.
- Superior writing and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of managing communication’s issues in a sensitive / controversial environment.
- Proven track record in communications and communication strategy development
- Capable of leading the communications planning process and facilitating broader involvement in this process.
- Exposure to influencing at senior management level
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online