FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Contracts and Procurement Manager
Job ID: 16820
Alive & Thrive is an initiative to save lives, prevent illness, and ensure healthy growth and development through improved breastfeeding and complementary feeding practices. In its first five years (2009 to 2014), A&T demonstrated that innovative approaches to improving feeding practices could be delivered with impact and at scale in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, and Viet Nam. Alive & Thrive continues its work there and is supporting others to scale up nutrition by applying and adapting tested, proven approaches and tools in Burkina Faso, India, Southeast Asia, and Nigeria. Alive & Thrive is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the governments of Canada and Ireland.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Contracts and Procurement Manager will take responsibility for developing, organizing, and tracking all procurement and contracting activities for the A&T/Nigeria program, in close collaboration with the Finance and Operations Manager.
- S/He will also review and administer sub-awards in accordance with organizational policy and donor requirements ensuring close coordination with field office and HQ technical, financial, contract and administration staff.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage and coordinate all local procurement and contracting, including procurement initiation and contract negotiations with local vendors and consultants, preparation of complete set of documents as stated in the FHI Solutions policy for purchase orders, consultant work orders, subcontracts, sub-agreements, and other procurement actions, tracking of work progress and deliverables, etc.
- Work closely with the program, technical, and operations team to ensure timely initiation of procurements. Provide support and guidance to program and technical staff throughout the procurement process.
- Serve as main liaison with the headquarters office on all procurement matters.
- Collaborate with other members of A&T/Nigeria finance and operations team and HQ team to administer procurements, track and process invoices and payments.
- Ensure procurement files are complete and accurate and in full compliance with the policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with FHI Solutions regulations in all contractual and procurement activities.
- Assume primary responsibility to obtain required clearances and approvals for all procurements.
- Update and maintain commitment tracker on a monthly basis or more frequently if/as required.
- Provide regular reviews and updates on the status of project’s accruals and commitments under existing contracts to A&T Nigeria Project Director and HQ.
- Assist Project Director and program staff as applicable to prepare advance lists of procurement and technical activities for planning efficient and timely inputs to support work plan activities.
- Keep the Project Director updated on latest rules and regulations regarding country operations and support him/her to carry out activities accordingly.
- Ensure that all contract deliverables are tracked, monitored, delivered, properly filed, and copies are sent to HQ office. Send regular reminders to the vendors and sub-contractors about outstanding/pending deliverables and follow up for submission.
- Work closely with the Project Director, Finance and Operations Manager, and project headquarters staff with regard to budgeting and fiscal monitoring.
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Finance, or other relevant field in international development
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Proven ability to pre-plan critical actions, carry out actions in an efficient and timely manner
- Track record of being a team player, ability to deal with multiple tasks, flexibility and getting critical tasks completed on time.
- At least 3-5 years of experience managing complex procurement activities
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational and written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply