Meridian Hospitals believes in recruiting the best personnel. Differences in gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, religious affiliation or personal preference do not influence our choice of a workforce. Our key requirement apart from your qualification is a firm belief in our core values and vision.
- Examine, diagnose and treat patients who have been referred to the Centre by GPs, Optometrists and other health professionals.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to the diagnosis, prevention and management of disease.
- Assessing and examining patients in order to make a diagnosis;
- Management of ophthalmic conditions, taking into account both medical and psychological aspects of patient care;
- Managing busy general outpatient clinics, emergency eye clinics and specialist clinics;
- Working well as part of a multi-disciplinary team that includes Optometrists and nurses;
- Collaboration with other specialists, including GPs, ENT (ear, nose and throat) and Physicians, and Paediatricians, amongst others;
- Operating equipment such as ophthalmoscopes, slit lamps and lenses;
- Carrying out surgical procedures (Cataract, Glaucoma, Pterygium Excision, etc) using an operating microscope, Yag-Laser, technology, phaco-machine, small incision (keyhole) surgery, laser surgery, etc.;
- Using therapeutic procedures, such as laser therapy and intraocular, periocular and botox injections;
- Leadership and coordination of members of the ophthalmology team;
- Teaching/training junior doctors and other healthcare professionals;
- Management of resources, practice development or leading on specific aspects of care.
- Making high-level judgments due to the complexities of ophthalmic conditions;
- Communicating and empathizing with patients and family members;
- Educating patients to understand their medical condition;
- Handling legal documentation for the certification of patients as blind or partially sighted;
- Supporting health promotion and disease prevention activities.
- Management of medical disorders affecting vision, such as inflammatory, vascular, neurological and genetic disorders, thyroid eye disease, diabetes and strokes, by using an holistic approach and not just focusing on the eye;
- Interested candidate must possess Fellowship of the Nigerian Postgraduate Medical College or the West African Postgraduate Medical College or Its relevant equivalent.
- Minimum of 5-7 years work experience as an Ophthalmologist
- Good computer literacy
- Leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Should be a Nigerian or Expatriate
- Candidate must be registered with Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria with current practicing licenses.
- Minimum of 5 years Residency (post MBBS/MBBCh) working experience.
- Must be a certified ophthalmologist
- Must possess proven surgical skills in Cataract and Glaucoma management
How to Apply
Only interested and qualified candidates should send application and detailed curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org