The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and resources.
The Council’s major program areas ace HIV&AIDS, Reproductive Health and Poverty, Gender, and Youth. The Council conducts biomedical, social science and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries. The Population Council works in collaboration with a broad range of Nigerian institutions.
The Council is an implementing partner on a comprehensive human resources for health (HRH) intervention which is an initiative to strengthen Nigeria’s health system by supporting the development of frontline health workers in Bauchi and Cross River States. At both federal and state level, the project will build capacity for developing human resources for health (HRH) policies and strategic plans; developing the HRH information system; improving pre-service education; management of health workers in-service; and promoting HRH coordination and partnerships.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Consultant Job Vacancy At The Population Council.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Consultant-1
Ref. no.: HRH-CON1-15
Duration: 2 Weeks
- To support the implementation of activities related to improving the availability of frontline health workers for maternal newborn and child health services in Bauchi and Cross River states.
- Provide technical assistance for implementation of Task Shifting Policy in Bauchi and Cross River States.
- Review of Hiring and Deployment Policies and Guidelines for frontline health workers in Bauchi and Cross River States.
- MPH or M.Sc in a field related to public health.
- Excellent general communication & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and use of the Internet for information gathering and research.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with health policy development, advocacy and implementation; experience supporting states and local government with Midwifery Service Scheme (MSS) and Subsidy Reinvestment Empowerment Program, Maternal and Child Health (SURE-P MCH) activities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and updated CV (in PDF format) including their names and reference number for the consultancy in the subject line of the email (e.g. HRH-CON1-15: Ofolete, Buhari Jonathan) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 22nd September, 2015.