United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Nigeria is pleased to announce the following vacancy for suitably qualified Nigerian candidates as follows:
Post Title: National Consultant (nutrition budget tracking in Nigeria)
Vacancy number: VN-NGR-09-2016
Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA)
Duration: Six Months
Purpose of the consultancy:
The purpose of this consultancy is to support the MBNP in developing and implementing a system and tools for tracking and analysing line ministries nutrition budgets to help in budgetary, planning and advocacy decisions at the federal and state levels:
Major Tasks to be accomplished:
1 Support the Ministry of Budget and National Planning, and the Committee on Food and Nutrition to develop a system and tools for tracking MDAs nutrition budget allocations, releases and expenditures.
2 Support MBNP to roll out implementation of the nutrition tracking system and tools.
3 Analyze budget allocations to nutrition, including nutrition-sensitive sectors, by federal and state governments.
4 Provide detailed breakdown of nutrition budget composition as indicated by MDAs.
5 Track nutrition budget releases and expenditure by the government.
6 Analyse and identify alignment of nutrition budget with existing government policies, strategies and plans.
7 Analyze nutrition spending from other sources, and including literature review at the global, national and sub-national levels and advice.
8 Identify Entry points and fiscal space in the federal and state budgeting processes and recommend strategies for making MDAs budgets more responsive to nutrition.
9 Analyse budget sensitivity of special public initiatives, programmes and projects (such as saving One Million Lives- SOMLs; Primary Health Care under One Roof initiative; North-East Rehabilitation Bill, etc.) to nutrition and identify opportunities and space for nutrition within those initiatives.
10 Document lessons learnt in the budget tracking process and recommendations on improving nutrition budgeting process in Nigeria.
– Advanced university degree in economics, statistics, public finance management, social or public policy.
– At least 5 years of professional experience in social budgeting, public finance management (PFM) or related area.
– Have a strong knowledge of the Nigeria public sector and budget process.
– Have strong analytical and writing skills.
– Good computer skills (Microsoft Office and other statistical software)
– Fluent in English and knowledge of one of the local languages will be an asset.
– Demonstrable proficiency in technical expertise and proven record of conducting social budget analysis, fiscal space analysis for nutrition/health, and data analysis on review of expenditure patterns, other PFM tools and analysis experience is an asset.
Candidates interested in the above position should submit his/her application, accompanied by updated CV in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form, (which can be downloaded from our website at www.unicef.org/employ) to the email address below on or before Tuesday, 15 March 2016.
Email: [email protected]
Please put the position title you are applying for on the subject line of your email.
UNICEF, a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply. Zero tolerance of sexual abuse and exploitation is our policy.