Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL), is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Construction Supervisor (Structures)
Location: Port Harcourt
Job Type: Contract – Sourcing
The holder of the position shall in particular be responsible for:
- All structural steel prefabrication, assembly, erection, NDE, PWHT and dimensional controls as per qualified procedures including primary steel members, secondary steel, plat forms to equipment, installation aids and painting in accordance with Approved For Construction (AFC) drawings, applicable Codes and Standards and Specifications.
- Taking part in daily, weekly and monthly progress review meetings as may be required.
- Providing inputs to the Construction Superintendent to assist him in the preparation of the close-out reports for the construction activities operations.
- Liaising with the Construction Superintendent on a routine basis for there solution of outstanding issue(s), if any.
- Providing feedback to the construction superintendent on required level and quality of personnel at any point in time, in order to manage mobilization and demobilization of CPY site personnel dedicated to Structural fabrication scope
- Assessing the suitability, availability or otherwise of CTR-assigned equipment and materials required for structural construction activities.
- Ensuring appropriate coordination and seamless interface with other onshore construction Client’s sub-packages inline with the overall scope of work.
- Assisting and taking part in all load-out operations at client’s yard as may be required.
- Ensuring that as-built dossiers comply with all QA/QC requirements.
- Supervising a team of SCNL personnel dedicated to subsea structural packages of about 11,500 tons in weight.
- Reviewing and validating onshore CTR organisation required to supervise these onshore construction activities.
- Reviewing and analysing the onshore construction schedule and providing feedback to the Construction Superintendent.
- Assess the suitability or otherwise of CTR assigned work force in order to provide early warnings regarding construction schedule.
- Providing weekly and monthly construction updates to the Construction Superintendent.
- Contribute to meet HSE objectives while ensuring HSE requirements are taken in to consideration during the construction phase to minimize risk to people and Company/contractor assets, at anytime during the project phase.
- Demonstrate leadership for implementation of Company HSEQ requirements and ensure on construction site the setup of the correct organization, that Contractor implement properly the HSE plan on the Construction Yards, the proper monitoring and recording of HSE performance of the sites.
- Ensure that safe working practices are carried out within the construction team and the contractors in order to enforce Company HSEQ policy.
- Provide construction in put to the Company
- Chartered Engineer or similar education level, with a sound Oil & Gas technical background (multi-discipline) in deep offshore construction.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in an Oil and Gas industry with a strong background in subsea construction activities.
- Good knowledge of international subsea design codes/standards and company general specifications
- Proven background in improving quality, procedures, planning, coordination, organization and productivity of the contractor she supervises.
- Fluency in English both verbally and in writing.
- Passionate about maintaining high standards.
- Excellent work ethic and must be able to withstand fast-paced high pressure working environments.
- A self-motivated natural leader with excellent communication and delegation skills.
- Credible working relationships within multicultural teams.
How to Apply
Interested and candidates qualified should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 25th October, 2016