RusselSmith Group is a company created to service the needs of the global Oil and Gas exploration and production industry utilizing Rope Access Technology as primary means of access.
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Compressor Operator
Job Reference Code: RS-OPS-010
Job Type: Contractor
Functional Area: Operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Switch from automatic to manual controls and isolate equipment mechanically and electrically to allow for safe inspection and repair work.
- Maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance, and safety activities, including test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance work.
- Perform or arrange for repairs, such as complete overhauls, replacement of defective valves, gaskets, or bearings, or fabrication of new parts.
- Operate or tend stationary engines, boilers, and auxiliary equipment such as pumps, compressors, and air-conditioning equipment, to supply and maintain steam or heat for buildings, marine vessels, or pneumatic tools.
- Activate valves to maintain required amounts of water in boilers, to adjust supplies of combustion air, and to control the flow of fuel into burners.
- Contact equipment manufacturers or appropriate specialists when necessary to resolve equipment problems.
- Carry out Emergency Responses duties in line with Client’s requirement.
- Perform other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Test boiler water quality or arrange for testing and take necessary corrective action, such as adding chemicals to prevent corrosion and harmful deposits.
- Adjust controls and/or valves on equipment to provide power, and to regulate and set operations of system or industrial processes.
- Monitor boiler water, chemical, and fuel levels, and make adjustments to maintain required levels.
- Weigh, measure, and record fuel used.
- Install burners and auxiliary equipment, using hand tools.
- Monitor and inspect equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, safety devices, and meters to detect leaks or malfunctions and to ensure that equipment is operating efficiently and safely.
- Analyze problems and take appropriate action to ensure continuous and reliable operation of equipment and systems.
- Clean and lubricate boilers and auxiliary equipment and make minor adjustments as needed, using hand tools.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Good housekeeping standards
- Strong safety leadership skills `
- BOSIET/HUET Certification
- Must have 2-5 years experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online