The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels. The Compliance Officerwill ensure that IHV Nigeria complies with Donor regulations and NGO Finance Policies and Procedure and Principle of stewardship.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Compliance Officer Job Vacancy at The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN)
POSITION: Compliance Officer
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
OPENING DATE: September 7th, 2015
CLOSING DATE: September 21st, 2015
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Internal: Audit Manager, Grants Manager, Finance Staff
External: Donor Representative(s),
- B.Sc. or HND Accounting
- Membership of ICAN, ACCA, ANANand Masters in Business administration will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of four years relevant experience, preferably with an International Organization.
- Must be a mature, motivated, problem solving individual with high levels of initiative;
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong internal relationship management and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy and tact
- Ability to multitask with a proven record showing to be proactive
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team and independently
- Excellent computer skill, familiar with SAGE Accounting Systems, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience in dealing institutional requirements
- Age no more than 30 years.
I. Compliance Management:
- Assist in verifying sub-recipients and sub-sub recipients’ financial reports and associated support documentations and recommend for liquidation and/or reimbursement in accordance with donor, IHVN policies and procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or any other standards that may be introduced thereafter or from time to time
- Report any fraudulent activities observed and report to the Unit Head immediately
- Assist in ensuring Sub-recipients advances are liquidated on timely manner and they are within allotted liquidation timeframe as per IHVN policy.
- Assist the Audit Manager in preparing the Sub-recipients Aging Report for program and management Review on monthly or quarterly basis as may be specified in the grant agreement.
- Assist in providing on-site training to sub and sub-sub recipients’ finance staff when required.
- Must be able to travel to any field of assignment at short notice whenever required.
- Assist in ensuring that Project’s files both in hard and electronic copies are up to date. .
II. Sub-recipients Financial Assessment, Monitoring and Financial support
- Carry out system review on any partners, sub and sub-sub recipients, treatment centers, laboratories or any other collaborators with the Institute.
- Assist the partners, sub and sub-sub recipients, treatment centers, laboratories in preparing a Corrective Action Plan and carrying out monitoring visits that address each of the identified weaknesses in any of the assessed areas.
- Ensure sub-recipients and partners have in place and adhere to a schedule of planned monitoring visits of State Government agencies, Sub-sub recipients and any other agencies during each year. The basis for the selection, timing and frequency of its monitoring visits should be properly documented where necessary.
- Prepare and submit a written trip report for each visit to a sub-recipient.
- Perform any other functions and supports to the general Vision of IHVN. These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of IHVN and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results. They are,
- Serves with Integrity
- Performance and Respect
- Integrity and Innovation
- Tenacity and Excellence
In case of fraud, the applicant shall produce a blood relation as surety and Insurance Bond against any fraudulent practice within the system during the period of your working years. The Insurance Bond shall be yearly renewed.
How to Apply
Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to the. Associate Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected] .
Candidates should indicate appropriate positions and preferred locations in their application letter. IHVN is an equal opportunity employer.