The British Deputy High Commission is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to deliver highest possible standards of service by selecting experienced and professional staff to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Liaison Officer – CLO
Vacancy Notice No.: 14/15 LOS
Section: Corporate Services
Position Type: 12 months Contract/Part time (20 hours per week)
Main Purpose of Job
- To help UK based officers and their families to settle in to life in Lagos
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supporting UK based staff and their dependants before, during and after arrival at Post by providing relevant information as appropriate. This includes an orientation tour on arrival.
- In liaison with the Estates Officer, ensuring that staff accommodation is delivered on time and at an acceptable standard.
- Liaising with DSFA and submission of various data/information as required. Maintaining contact with the CLO co-ordinator and the CLO world-wide network. Liaising with other
- Diplomatic Missions in Lagos and maintaining contact with British Women’s Group and the British Council.
- Attending the following committee meetings – Post Housing Committee, Post Joint Management Board (PJMB), and International Mother & Child Playgroup based at the Kingfisher Club (KFC).
- Assisting officers, their families and staff on temporary duty by providing confidential information on health and medical welfare at Post.
- Acting as the main contact between Post and local schools. Arranging school monitoring visits, arranging registration where necessary. Point of contact for school bills, fee enquiries and bids for FCO education team.
- Compiling and issuing monthly Newsletter to all staff. Co-ordinating the annual updating of the Post Report and the Post Fact Sheet.
- Completion of the bi-annual ECA Cost of Living (COLA) survey and other returns as required.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- Imprest – leave cover
Key Competences required for the job
- Collaboration & Partnering
- Delivering quality service
- Making effective decisions
- Language: English (written & oral)
- Level of language required: Fluent.
Other Skills / Experience / Qualifications
Essential on Arrival:
- The successful candidate should be a good listener, approachable, discreet, and sympathetic and appreciate the need to remain confidential at all times.
- They will be familiar with the facilities and resources available in and around Ikoyi and Victoria Island.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English are essential, as is the ability to learn quickly and most of the time, work unsupervised.
- CLO experience will be an advantage
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- Mandatory e-learning
- On the job development
- E-learning and courses at RLDT
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a short (1 page maximum) covering letter stating why they are a suitable candidate for the position along with a copy of their CV (2 page maximum), in English, by email to:[email protected]
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Nigeria with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- The British Deputy High Commission in Lagos is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
- If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
- Internal candidates should also submit the above with a copy of their appraisals covering the past 24 months.
- All candidates should use the following subject line for their email: 14/15 LOS, Community Liaison Officer – CLO.
- Please submit only the requested documents. Please also ensure that your email including attachments is no larger than 2 megabytes, otherwise it may be rejected by your email system or the systems through which it will pass en route to us.
- Internal candidates and spouses of UK diplomatic officers: Please quote in the subject line of your email, the Vacancy Notice No: 14/15 LOS, Community Liaison Officer – CLO, and also indicate that you are an internal candidate or the spouse of a diplomatic officer.
- Applications will only be accepted by email.
Application Deadline 13th October, 2015.