Mines Advisory Group (MAG) saves lives and builds futures by working with others to reclaim land contaminated with the debris of conflict, to reduce the daily risk of death or injury for civilians, and to create safe and secure conditions for development. MAG shared the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize as a founding member of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines for our work to ban landmines. Our vision is a safe and secure future for men, women and children affected by armed violence and conflict.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Liaison Manager – Nigeria
Position subject to funding – due to start 1 April 2016
About the Role
- As a Community Liaison Manager with MAG you will work with local communities and a wide range of stakeholders.
- Our community liaison roles are varied, and can involve designing and delivering Risk Education programmes to be implemented in the region by our Community Liaison teams, collecting and analysing data on accidents and MAG’s impact to lower these, conducting non-technical surveys, or building relationships with communities so that MAG’s teams can enter a region to start the process of making it safe.
- Our Community Liaison Managers are essential to MAG’s life-saving work and this is a great opportunity to be part of that.
- You will have experience of leading, motivating and managing national staff, have strong participatory learning and facilitation skills and experience of conducting assessments in order to design and implement appropriate interventions.
- We’d be especially pleased to hear from you if you have previous experience of working in Africa.
- You should be aware though, MAG’s areas of operations are often remote with basic amenities, so you will need to be able to live and work in challenging environments, where the need for your skills and MAG’s work is most.
- In addition, you should have experience in designing and delivering formal or informal training, with the ability to organize and coordinate activities or projects.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their CV with an expression of interest to:[email protected]
Application Deadline 13th March, 2016.