An International Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the position of:
Job Title: Community Development Facilitator (CDF)
- Liaise with community groups, NGOs, CBOs, associations and other community stakeholders to identify potential partners for the project activities.
- Identify potential activities at the community level for project support
- Prepare Final Evaluation Reports and grant closings.
- Attend focus groups to derive lessons learned to inform future project activities.
- Assist in the development of activity ideas based on information collected in the field.
- Facilitate linkages between communities as needed.
- Budget monitoring and oversight of project implementation (with the procurement officers and the Abuja based procurement team).
- Work with Regional Program Manager (RPM), and Abuja-based Program team, develop project ideas in line with NERI program goal and country objectives
- Work with community organizations to budget and prepare logistics for activities
- Monitor and report on routine program operational activities and scheduled program events, reporting activity summaries to RPM and Abuja-based Reporting Officer.
- Work with staff to ensure project attendance at local events.
- Collect information on program activities, including beneficiary targets.
- Work with Program, M&E and Grants teams to create and maintain project trackers.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability
- University degree in Social Sciences or other related field.
- Three years’ work experience in a related field is required.
- Proven experience working with youth, women and/or other marginalized groups.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in Hausa required, working knowledge in Kanuri also preferred.
- Experience working with local or state governments.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Prior experience with international organizations or international-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Grant and proposal writing experience preferred.
- Problem solving, stress management and time management skills are required.
How to Apply
- A cover letter
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities
- Three (3) professional references
PO Box #20350
ATTN: Human Resources Office
Abuja FCT, Nigeria.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted