The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Damaturu Office, is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Communications Field Officer
- Assists the Head of Office (HoO) in situation analysis, identifies relevant stakeholders and facilitates contacts with them; advises the HoO on developments in Yobe state
- Identifies the communications needs of the office, contributes actively to the development of the strategy and planning of activities
- Supports the Communications Coordinator of the Delegation in the analysis of the communication needs with field perspectives and contributes to the development of the Delegation’s communications strategy and in the preparation of the annual planning exercise
- Conducts, mainly independently, information sessions with the main stakeholders
- Contributes to the interaction with the local Nigerian Red Cross Branches (NRCS) and provides support in capacity-building to their particular COM-programmes
- University degree in relevant field
- A minimum of five years working experience in a similar field
- Good computer skills
- Good knowledge of geographical area covered by the office (Yobe state)
- Very good command of written and spoken English and Hausa – the knowledge of Kanuri is a strong advantage
- Very good analytical skills
- Capacity to apply ICRC rules and procedure
- Capacity to treat information confidentially
- Very good presentation skills
- Capacity to summarize information
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, CV’s and contact details of three referees to: [email protected]
- Please clearly indicate “Communication Field Officer, Damaturu” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- Late application will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 4:30pm, 8th February, 2017.