MSH, a Non-Governmental Organisation with head office in Boston USA, has been in existence for over 40 years implementing projects and programs in over 40 countries across the globe.
In Nigeria, MSH implements several projects including the Leadership, Management and Sustainability project. United States Agency for International Development (USAID) recently modified MSH ProACT project which is a United State Government (USG) rationalization initiative in support of the Government of Nigeria to effectively and efficiently prevent and control HIV/AIDS in the country.
Across project foci states, MSH currently supports HIV counselling and Testing, PMTCT, Adult and Paediatric ART, TB/HIV and OVC in 41 comprehensive care and treatment health facilities in Nigeria.
Job Title: Communication Manager
- Generate and share success stories/news nuggets, briefs, photographs/video recordings and related items of MSH Nigeria activities. Provide stories for quarterly, annual and semi-annual donor reports.
- Generate Communication quarterly reports and produce the MSH Nigeria Newsletter.
- Manage media relations for increased visibility – write press releases; organize press events/MSH public events; help set conference agendas and generate technical materials, IVs etc.
- Manage MSH Nigeria Communications Folder on SharePoint and shared drive.
- Support timely submission of project reports, Integrated Country Presence reports and documents to the MSH Country Representative/NLT and MSH HQ as required.
- Track & report quarterly on communication plan implementation from analytic perspective.
- Edit and support production of technical abstracts and conference posters, in coordination with corporate SDC office.
- Provide communication advisory/mentoring to select MSH Nigeria partners.
- Serve as a resource to and operational liaison between projects (FCT and States) and the Communications Unit, documenting meetings as required; inputs into reports/Newsletters etc. Involves periodic strategic travel to supported States to capture stories of interest.
- Facilitate MSH participation in public events in-country, international conferences etc.
- Ensure the production of high-quality printed materials (such as Newsletter, project briefs, fact sheets, posters) in coordination with the corporate communication office.
- Ensure organization-wide donor branding compliance.
- Support management of MSH Nigeria Communication Teams, collating materials generated by technical teams and field offices and mentoring Communication staff.
- Oversee MSH Nigeria’s presence on the internet, including management of content for the MSH Nigeria country page on the MSH corporate website and the MSH Nigeria OLLIE page; archiving of Success Stories, abstracts and other communication products in hard and soft files.
- Masters in the Liberal Arts, Social or other Sciences.
- Minimum of six years post-qualification communications-relevant experience.
- Exemplary verbal/written English language and drafting skills – and evidence of interest in reading widely and writing, essential.
- Must be good at organizing, time-management, especially in meeting deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Good interpersonal skills and effective team member in a complex and fast-paced environment;
- High-level computer skills, especially for graphic and web design or good potential.
- Understanding of photography and ability to take photographs which impact an advantage.
- Proven track record in communication/creative writing with capacity for strategic-thinking, and at least three years supervisory-level work in development programming or communication.
- Works independently and takes initiative for creativity, innovation and in making positive change.
- Assesses priorities and multi-tasks in a work-intensive situation.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should
Click Here to Apply