Adam Smith International is a global leader in delivering projects that support economic growth and government reform. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments.
We are headquartered in London, with offices in Nairobi, Delhi and Sydney, along with major project offices in many developing countries worldwide.
Our projects are funded by a wide range of donor organisations; we also work directly for host governments.
Job Title: Communication and Knowledge Management Adviser
Adam Smith International is seeking a Communication and Knowledge Management Adviser. We are looking for someone with a diverse skillset and expertise in knowledge management, strategy, media and stakeholder engagement.
The Adviser will report to the Country Director, and work closely with project Team Leaders and Adam Smith International’s corporate communications team in London.
- Edit and write accurate, newsworthy and compelling content that will include a mix of hard news, analysis, features, expert interviews, videos, photo essays, timelines, case studies, graphics and social media content
- Develop, update and disseminate targeted external communication products, e.g. thought leadership articles, case studies, photos, press releases, e-newsletters and websites using both traditional and new media channels
- Package lessons learned, results and best practice from projects and effectively communicate to a wide range of donors and stakeholders
- Guide and support ASI and project teams in informing and influencing key stakeholders
- Support the Country Director with business development and work with Adam Smith International’s London HQ to lead corporate communications for the region.
- Work with project teams to design and implement communication strategies and action plans, potentially including behaviour change campaigns, external relations and knowledge management
- Organise media engagement and press trips to secure local and international press coverage
- A post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline: international relations, communications or journalism
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a high pressured strategic communications and/or knowledge management environment and leading approaches to stakeholder engagement and influencing
- Proven experience crafting messages in various formats (articles, press releases, websites, photos, success stories, blog entries, tweets, etc.) targeting a variety of audiences
- Exceptional, proven writing skills and the ability to summarise and repackage technical information in clear, compelling language
- Ability to engage with a diversity of audiences – target communities, donors and senior government decision makers
- Ability to edit and write an engaging story that gets to the core of who, what, when and why it matters and spot the details that make a story stand out
- Proven experience in knowledge management
- Computer literate in Microsoft packages. Knowledge of Adobe products is a distinct advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrates high tolerance for change, complexity and unpredictability
- Fluency in English is essential and French highly desirable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply