Christian Aid is working with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. The Nigeria Country Programme presently focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance and Gender. Our Community Health and HIV Programmes have evolved over the past year to support local partners and communities to exercise their rights to health and related services. We are currently expanding our malaria prevention component taking into consideration the health priorities of the communities where we work and empowering them to demand quality health services. To do this, we are looking for a dynamic and motivated person for the position of Commodity Logistics Officer, Community Health and HIV to support CA partnerships and programmes.
Commodity Logistics Officer (Community Health and HIV)
About the role
The post holder is responsible for the effective management of malaria commodities, including ordering, storage, distribution, utilization, reporting of logistics data in line with the Malaria Commodity Logistics System. H/She will contribute to develop organizational plans; provide support in designing effective procurement, supply and management systems for malaria programmes. H/She will work with state programme/logistics officers to mobilise third party logistics providers to ensure timely distribution of malaria commodities to State Central Medical Stores and health facilities and coordinate the implementation of the MCLS activities in the States. The post is a part of an enlarged team comprised of the state programme/logistics officers that will be collaborating in the management of malaria commodities at the central and State levels of the system. The post holder will represent Christian Aid and will engage with and promote communications and fundraising, including institutional donors.
The ideal candidate must possess a degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Basic Science or equivalent. He/she must have at least five years I/NGO working experience Community Health programs – with specific expertise in Malaria intervention programs including commodity logistics system with emphasis on logistics management information system (LMIS) with familiarity with Nigerian PSM guidelines.
- Extensive knowledge of the National response to Malaria in Nigeria.
- Experience in quantification, forecasting, preparation of distribution plans and inventory management.
- In-depth understanding and familiarity with Global Fund, DFID,EU, and/or USAID funding and reporting requirements
- Knowledge and competency in gender-sensitive programming.
- Experience of managing institutional donor-funded projects
- Excellent report writing skills and high level of computer literacy with strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively represent Christian Aid at the national, state and local levels.
- Significant experience in working with local partner organisations
- Familiarity in working with faith based institutions in Nigeria
- Skills and experience in National, State and local advocacy and lobbying processes
- This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
- We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
- You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a season ticket loan, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
Give an example of a time where you listened to and took on fresh perspectives and views, even if you initially disagree with them
Give an example of a time where you had to prioritise, plan and monitor your work to meet agreed standards.
Give an example of a time where you implemented ways to reduce inefficiency in use of resources in an organization or pass ideas to someone who can make them happen.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.