A pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, TRC is a national engineering, environmental consulting and construction management firm providing integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. We serve a broad range of commercial, industrial and government clients, implementing complex projects from initial concept to operations.
Job Title: Commissioning Engineer
Essential Functions Of The Position
- Act as resident engineer on projects of any magnitude.
- Interpret complex plans and specifications and apply available information to ensure that all project design requirements are satisfied.
- Review project plans and schedules for constructability.
- Plan, perform and document the commissioning of various control and power circuits to ensure the intended operation and safety of equipment and personnel are met.
- Takes a lead role in resolving construction problems, procedures, and methods through working with the customer and TRC engineering personnel, inspectors, contractors, and suppliers.
- Maintain familiarity with appropriate engineering and construction codes to ensure compliance with applicable codes.
- Maintain familiarity with work rules applicable to various collective bargaining crafts employed on project.
- Checking completed job for adequacy of design and documentation.
- Perform complex economic analyses of engineering alternatives.
- Serve as project engineer or project manager on assigned projects.
- Promote efficient flow of information and ensure complete and accurate record keeping.
- Prepare, conduct and document daily site safety meetings (tailboards) in accordance with client and TRC safety policies and standards
- Prepare and/or monitor complex construction and commissioning schedules to ensure timely completion of the work.
- Prepare and/or implement outage and energization plans, and detailed commissioning plans.
- Institute, direct and document changes to the work when required by differing site conditions.
- Conduct on-site design or investigation work to ensure adequacy of contractor’s methods. Evaluate contractor’s procedures, starting and completion times, and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Prepare and institute programs for testing of equipment and materials and start-up of systems.
- Review and approve detailed test reports of various types of electrical equipment.
- Responsible for creating and managing client and subcontract change order requests and generating construction related change orders.
- Receive and inspect equipment to be installed on the project and approve for payment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply