Stresert Services Limited – Our client, one of the leading legal practitioners and arbitrators in the Nigerian legal sector is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of:
Job Title: Transaction/Commercial Lawyer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Description of Duties
- All administrative tasks required for the post.
- Deal with issues pertaining to business transactions. Draft client agreements, negotiate employment contracts or write purchase agreements.
- Review business transactions or negotiate trade, employment and other agreements.
- Draft and negotiate contracts, whether in their own right or as part of complex mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and financing transactions.
- Work on a broad spectrum of transactions, from substantial outsourcing, joint ventures and project development agreements to day-to-day manufacture, logistics/warehousing, advertising arrangements etc.
- Work in close contact with the firm’s litigation department.
- Engage in negotiations on behalf of clients.
- Clarifying with client officers any difficult areas, dealing with and responding to any defences and/or counter claims lodged.
- Carry out extensive research and report writing.
- Keep up to date with the latest commercial and legal developments
- Provide a broad range of commercial legal support for operational and corporate services issues, advising in particular on a wide range of general commercial contracts of all sizes, including outsourcings, facilities management contracts, marketing and agency contracts, consultancy and other services arrangements, special events, construction/real estate related contracts, confidentiality agreements and other related commercial contracts etc.
- Assist with the revising of current, and development of new procedures, precedents and related ways of enhancing the provision of legal support, particularly in relation to supporting the Procurement function.
- Understand and ensure that contracting arrangements are consistent with applicable policies. Working with other commercial lawyers when engaged, including the supervision and training of more junior lawyers as the need arises.
- Any other duties relevant for the work of the Section as determined by the post holder’s line manager.
Required Education & Skills
- Candidate must be a Graduate of Law with minimum of six (6) years experience.
- A skilled negotiator and team player who can actively work with the businesses to engineer pragmatic solutions to a wide range of challenges, while balancing the need to comply with many and often potentially conflicting legal, regulatory and internal policy requirements.
- Excellent writing skills with little or no review needed.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- The ideal candidate should preferably reside on the Island i.e. Lagos Island, Lekki, Ajah and immediate locality.
- The ability to balance legal risk with the commercial needs of the business.
- A proven ability to work with colleagues in different regions to find solutions across different legal, regulatory and business requirements.
N200, 000/ M
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: [email protected] using ‘Transaction Lawyer’ as the subject of application.
Note: Only experienced candidates will be shortlisted and invited for interviews
Application Deadline 30th October, 2015.