Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of fragrances and flavours. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer goods and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers’ preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that ‘engage your senses’. The company achieved sales of 4.4 billion in 2013. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in 80 countries, the company has 9,500 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com
Commercial Assistant / Receptionist
The Fragrances division is seeking an experienced and customer focused individual to support the commercial operations at our newly established regional office in Lagos, Nigeria.
You will be joining a highly paced, passionate and diverse team whose main objective is to grow our existing business presence in West Africa.
In this role you will be challenged with managing the daily administration of the Fragrances office in Lagos, acting as the contact point between the Sales team, Customers, Marketing and the Technical teams both in Johannesburg – South Africa and Dubai – United Arab Emirates.
Core responsibility will include customer service, pre- and post-sales support and general office operations coordination.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage an office
- Interact and develop professional relations with customers
- Understanding/meeting customer expectations
- Cross functional coordination at various departmental levels
Key Responsibilities include:
- Act as an active and effective link between various departments managed overseas and our different-sized customers
- Sales order management: Follow up on orders, Filing the orders/invoices including documentations
- Pricing: Quotation according to Sales instructions, Liaising with Pricing in South Africa and Dubai
- Samples management
- Maintain customer database
- Responsible for obtaining all relevant information for questionnaires and product information as requested by customers
- Responsible for compiling sales statistics and market intelligence data
- Collect and interpret local / regional consumer understanding data
- Assist with all other activities to improve Sales and Marketing performance
- Entering & updating projects using internal computer database
- Working with commercial tools and systems
- Office administration and front-facing reception duties; expense / petty cash management, coordination of suppliers and service providers
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Degree/Diploma in Business or Commerce with 3-4 years’ experience in a customer services environment
- Fluent in English (Written and Spoken), French would be an added advantage
- Customer focused.
- PC user literacy (Lotus Notes/Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Keen attention to details / Strong filling capacity
- Ability to deal with, analyze and interpret numerical and business information.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Self-motivated and able to use your initiative
- Ability to work on his/her own due to nature of the job
- Active team player
- Highly organized
- Open minded and pleased to share the feeling of sense, smell and taste
- Be able to drive and preferably have own transport
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here