Coffey International – Every Coffey relationship is built on trust. Trust that’s hard-earned through our proven expertise, our depth of global experience and our commitment to stay one step ahead. Our specialists in geoservices, international development and project management work in partnership with our clients across the globe.
We create value throughout the asset lifecycle in the transport and property infrastructure, and energy and resources, sectors.
We deliver vital international aid projects for our clients.
Our united group of specialists take enormous pride in collaborating with our project partners. By digging deeper. Thinking smarter. And seeing further. All so we can deliver the smartest solutions, every time.
The “Growth and Employment in States” programme for the wholesale and retail sector in Nigeria, (GEMS4), uses a market development approach (M4P) to generate sustainable jobs and incomes for low-income men and women through a wide variety of initiatives, including mobile money for traders, ICT-based solutions to bringing market information and trading platforms to farmers, eCommerce, linking rice to commercial mills, linking tomatoes to processing plants, off-grid power, micro-distribution and Good Handling Practices amongst others.
The project has a further 20 months to run and we need an experienced professional to manage the process of scaling up and delivering on our activity in the technology, information provision to rural markets, finance and banking sector during this period.
Job Title: Group Intervention Manager
Job no: 493533
Work type: Contract
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Categories: International development
The Group Intervention Manager is responsible for designing and providing management oversight to a portfolio of GEMS4 interventions. They are accountable for the delivery of the intervention portfolio and are responsible for providing effective programme planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of progress and outputs against the project plan.
The Group Intervention Manager will implement a series of interventions in their area of responsibility that address the key constraints identified within a market system, and that are likely to have a substantial and sustainable systemic change and positive pro-poor impact. The interventions should be aligned with M4P and the WEE (women economic empowerment) approaches of GEMS4.
In additional, the Group Intervention Manager is also responsible for supporting the Team Leader and Operations Manager in managing the operational delivery of the programme and providing cover for them when required.
The successful post holder will require the following:
- Robust understanding of M4P methodology.
- Experience with projects in the area of Financial Inclusion.
- Good understanding and experience with projects in the area of Information and Communication Technology for development with focus on agriculture and rural economic development.
S/he will need to:
- Understand the systemic constraints contributing to the under performance of the market systems and help to develop/innovate local solution for addressing the systemic constraints with commercial viability and long term sustainability
- Engage with relevant public/private organizations to understand their mandate, business and commercial incentives for extending their services to the pro poor segment of the consumers.
- Monitor the progress of the interventions work and reporting the status/outcome of the interventions to different external and internal stakeholders of the project.
- Provide leadership and management support to the GEMS 4 team based in Lagos in collaboration with and under the direction of the project Team Leader.
How to Apply
We welcome applications from suitable candidates based both inside and outside Nigeria. We offer an attractive, market linked salary and for applicants based outside Nigeria, assistance with housing, medical insurance and flights to and from your home country.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Please note this position will involve extensive travel around Nigeria and a willingness on occasion to work outside of normal office hours including weekends.
For any enquiries, please contact [email protected] and quote the job reference number.
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
Application close: W. Central Africa Standard Time