Planned Parenthood Global (PP Global) – For more than 30 years, PP Global has been working in Nigeria to ensure that women, men, and young people in some of the world’s most neglected areas have access to the health care they need to control their bodies and their futures.
Planned Parenthood Global, the international division of PPFA, believes all women should have access to reproductive health care no matter where they live By partnering with local advocates medical service providers, and youth leaders and helping to build sustainable networks and organizations we find Innovative ways to deliver critical services and fight for more inclusive laws and polices.
Planned Parenthood Global (PP Global), the international division of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) requires the services of a consultant to conduct clinic assessments for Adolescent and Youth Friendly Services (AYFHS) in 12 states of Nigeria including Nasarawa, Benue, FCT Kano, Kaduna, Imo, Enugu, Rivers, Edo, Delta, Lagos and Oyo.
Below are the full details on the Clinic Assessment Consultant Job at Planned Parenthood Global (PP Global);
Job Position: Clinic Assessment Consultant for Adolescent Friendly Services
The Project Global Mobile
Global Mobile is a project begun in July 2014 that capitalizes on the convenience of mobile technology and leverages Planned Parenthood’s significant online health education resources in order to increase access to sexual and reproductive health services for young people and provide them with referral to adolescent friendly health clinics Planned Parenthood Global, the international division of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, is piloting this project in Nigeria and Ecuador in three distinct phases over an initial three year period with the support of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA).
In Nigeria, Planned Parenthood Global plans to work with multiple partners, through a consortium model, including Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria and the Association of General Private Nursing Practitioners, among other partners; to achieve nationwide reach.
Consultant Duties & Responsibilities
- Visit state offices of the Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria (PPFN) in the twelve enlisted states and work with key project officers to identify the staffing, equipment and locational viability of one PPFN clinic per state for their referral role on the Global Mobile Project.
- (AGPNP) in all twelve enlisted states to identify and assess 5 private facilities per state using a predetermined set of criteria to assess staffing, equipment and locational viability to see primary adolescent and youth clients with sexual and reproductive health services.
- Prepare and submit a comprehensive report on recommended clinic sites, gaps identified in relation to staffing and equipment.
- Meet with the state adolescent desk officers hosted in the state ministry of health in the enlisted states to identify and assess 5 PHCs per state using a predetermined set of criteria to assess staffing, equipment and locational viability to serve primary adolescent and youth clients with sexual and reproductive health services.
- Visit the state chapters of the Association of General Private Nursing Practitioners
- Significant national research, service delivery and project management experience in sexual and reproductive health and rights especially for adolescent and youth in Nigeria
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to travel extensively within the time frame of the consultancy
- Budget: PPFA has $15,000 for this assignment and will not fund any budget propositions exceeding this amount.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Planned Parenthood of America does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and CV and a budget proposition for the assignment described above, by email with application for Short Term Clinic Assessment Consultancy to:[email protected]