My client is a multidisciplinary environmental, engineering and maritime operations consultancy specialising in West African markets, they have several contracts in Nigeria in the ports and harbours sector.
They audit the following services:
* Maintenance and Capital Dredging to International Standards;
* Hydrographic surveys to International standards (IHO);
* Maintenance of Aids to Navigation to IMO and IALA Standards;
* Consultancy support for wreck removal.
Client Side Engineer
My clients now wish to appoint a professionally qualified representative to oversee the Client liaison work connected with their ongoing contracts and also take the lead for future business development with our Client(s).
The work involved is a mixture of: Project Management; Technical input on maritime issues; and Business Development.
My client has a regional headquarters in Lagos, where the representative will be based, although they will be expected to travel throughout our area of operations. They will be expected to interface with all levels of our Clients’ establishment, drawing upon the knowledge of the various experts and individual project managers as required.
The representative will:
* Act as the day to day point of contact between us and the Clients’ senior staff;
* Act as the lead in providing technical and administrative support as required to the individual contracts;
* Be proactive in anticipating our Clients’ needs and requirements;
* Be innovative in assisting our Client to overcome challenges whilst maximising opportunities to sustain and grow the business;
* Compile project reports, programmes and forecasts;
* Track Client invoicing and be the first contact for resolving invoicing queries and payment issues;
* Give input to new work proposals.
The representative will report directly to the Regional Director (RD) in Lagos.
JOB DESCRIPTION – CLIENT LIAISON ENGINEER
The representative will be a graduate plus 10 years’ experience and is likely to be professionally qualified or approaching same. It is likely that they will be an engineer with maritime infrastructure experience, or project manager in a maritime related field.
* Clients’ Representative / Project Management;
* West Africa Experience;
* Maritime infrastructure engineering or operations background;
* Comfortable with presenting to senior management.
* Initial contract for 12 months extendable to fulltime;
* Attractive Salary paid free of Nigerian taxes;
* plus 5% minimum bonus per annum;
* bachelor status contract;
* leave of three weeks per six months, with paid flight home (economy class);
* working hours as required for the project, expected five days / week;
* serviced shared accommodation in the Company guest house;
* vehicle and driver for business and reasonable personal use;
* medical insurance including repatriation cover for medical emergency;
* initial probation period of three months, which may be extended under certain circumstances. After this, three months’ notice from either party.
Our advertisements use post-qualification experience/salary levels as a guide. However, we will consider applications from any candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to carry out the role.
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the country where the position is based.
Marine Ports Harbour
Degree Civil Engineering – Essential Chartership would be beneficial
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here